Aspose.Slides equivalent of VBA Presentation.LayoutDirection?

Is there any way to set the layout direction of a presentation in Aspose.Slides? I can set the directionality of individual paragraphs, but I can’t seem to change the general presentation directionality like I can do in PowerPoint VBA code using the Presentation.LayoutDirection property.

Hi Daniel,

I have tried to observe the requirement shared by you and have not been able to completely understand it. Can you please share the requirement in the form of sample presentation that what actually you mean by LayoutDirection. I will investigate the issue further on my end to help you out.

Many Thanks,

You can see it for yourself by following these steps:

1. Open PowerPoint
  2. Create a new blank presentation, and add a couple of blank slides.
  3. Press Alt+F11 to bring up the VBA window.
  4. In the Immediate window, enter:
    ActivePresentation.LayoutDirection = ppDirectionRightToLeft

and press Enter.

You should see that the scrollbar switches from the right of the PowerPoint window to the left, and the list of slide thumbnails goes from the left to the right. This is normal layout when editing RTL presentations in Hebrew, Arabic, Farsi, etc.

This is something that is saved in the presentation itself, so if you support setting the text directionality in paragraphs of text (via the ParagraphFormat.RightToLeft property), you should support this too.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for sharing the details with us. I have observed the requirements shared by you and regret to share that at the moment the macros are not supported in Aspose.Slides. The requested support is presently unavailable in Aspose.Slides. I have created an issue with ID SLIDESNET-35345 in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,