We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose Slides for java latest build problem with log4j

Hey guys!

I have recently installed the Aspose.Slides 2.5.0 build, arriving with log4j-1.2.16.jar.
This is not new, however, in this version you have added a formatting XML file that bluntly overrides our own formatting settings and our only solution (for production installation) was to remove this XML from your jar.
For us this is not an acceptable solution to tamper with a 3rd party code. And I also do not understand why you need to add the formatting XML to the jar itself.
I am talking about log4j.xml

Can you please remove this from next build?

Thanks,
Sarah

Hi Sarah,

I have requested our development team to share their views on the dependency issue of Aspose.Slides for Java on log4j-1.2.16.jar. An issue with ID 28207 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve this issue. We will share the further information with you once it is shared by our development team.

Thanks and Regards,

Guys,

Still waiting for some response here…
Anything?

Thanks.
Sarah

Hi Sarah,

I have checked from our development team and like to share that in the current build (Aspose.Slides for Java 2.5.0), we have remove log4j.xml from final jar. You may please verify the issue on your end as well.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi!
I can’t confirm that log4j.xml is not included in the 2.5.0 release of Aspose-Slides for Java. Could you re-check? You probably have to do another release, don’t you?
Thanks,
Christopher

Same Here.

log4j.xml is still in the build.

Thanks,
Sarah

Hello Dears,

I am greatly sorry for your inconvenience.

I have requested the concerned developer to double check the issue and we will share the further information with you once it is shared by our development team. I really appreciate your patience and feel sorry for your inconvenience.

Thanks and Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-28027) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

I downloaded trial version Monday ( 03/18/2013).
I have same problem.
It is really serious.
How do I fix it?

Thanks,
Chang Shin

Hi Chang Shin,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I hope you are using Aspose.Slides for Java 7.1.1 on your end. Can you please share the details of the issue along with sample code and exception message. In my opinion, there is no dependency on log4j-1.2.16 in newer product versions.

Many Thanks,