Aspose.Slides for Java Returns Wrong Value from the Same Chart Workbook Cell

Hi,

I have detected a strange behavior when obtaining the value of a workbook cell contained in a PPTX.

The problem is that when I create two presentations of the same PPTX, the second presentation does not have the values ​​in the corresponding cells, but the first presentation does. I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong.

I used:

• O.S: Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS

• Java: openjdk 8.0.302

• Source PPT: net.zip (17.9 KB)

• Sample code:

IPresentation ppt = new com.aspose.slides.Presentation("net.pptx");
IPresentation ppt2 = new com.aspose.slides.Presentation("net.pptx");

ISlide slide = ppt.getSlides().get_Item(0);
ISlide slide2 = ppt2.getSlides().get_Item(0);

Chart chart = (Chart) slide.getShapes().get_Item(0);
Chart chart2 = (Chart) slide2.getShapes().get_Item(0);

System.out.println(chart.getChartData().getChartDataWorkbook().getCell(1, 0, 2).getValue());
System.out.println(chart2.getChartData().getChartDataWorkbook().getCell(1, 0, 2).getValue());

ppt.dispose();
ppt2.dispose();

This code returns:
9.1 <-- This value for ppt
null <-- This value for ppt2

@rsalado,
Thank you for contacting support.

The PowerPoint presentation you specified does not contain charts. Please carefully check the issue again and provide the correct information and files in order to reproduce the problem on our side.

Sorry, I uploaded the wrong file.

@rsalado,
Thank you for the presentation file. I am working on the issue and will get back to you as soon as possible.

@rsalado,
I reproduced the problem with retrieving the different values from the same workbook cells of the chart.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): SLIDESJAVA-39153

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Is there a temporary workaround while this issue is fixed?

@rsalado,
Please describe your goal in more detail and we will try to help you achieve it. Why do you need to load the same presentation twice?

We have a service to return meaningful information of a given PPTX. Our users can send the same PPTX the times they want. So, the problem is when a user sends the same PPTX two times, the second time is returning wrong information.

@rsalado,
You can try to use a hash function on the presentation files, detect duplicate documents, and return the meaningful information retrieved and saved earlier the first time.