Aspose Slides for .NET - Regarding Excel embedding into PPT slide

Hi . I am using aspose slides for .net (PPTX) in my project. according to my requirement I need to generate an excel dynamically and want to embed that into PPT slide. I am using third party software for generating excel. I am succeeded to generate it and embed into excel by using OleObjectFrameEx. Only thing I want is I want to display that excel file directly. Don’t want to click on embedded image to open excel file. Need to show directly excel file in the slide.

please help me regarding this.

Thanks,
Sudheer K

Hi Sudheer,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed your requirements and we have also discussed the possible options for fulfillment of your requirements. Actually, Whenever, you add an Ole frame in presentation it is in disabled form even if you add that using PowerPoint. The Ole engine, embeds a red Ole Object image in the Ole frame to specify that ole is disabled. Aspose.Slides does the same as well. Please visit this link for your kind reference.

Now, there are two possible options that you can choose here. First is to get the excel file sheet image and then add that image as Ole frame image to avoid red Object Changed image for Ole frame. Setting the image for Ole frame by your self does not mean that ole is enabled, you will still be needed to enable that but it will make the Ole image some what realistic by depicting the image of original excel sheet. This can be achieved using Aspose.Slides and Aspose.Cells together. Please visit this article link for your kind reference in this regard.

The second solution is to use some third party macros on your end that you embed in your presentation. When the presentation is loaded in PowerPoint, that macro gets called and enable the Ole frames inside the presentation.

Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,