Aspose.Slides for .NET

Hello,

I have a few questions about Slides for .NET

1. Does your product support a viewer?
  2. Can I embed it on a C# form?
  3. Does it support Transitions (fade, etc …)
  4. If Presentations are created in PowerPoint does your viewer have any issues in rendering and displaying the PowerPoint?
  5. Does your product support PowerPoint 2010 files (SmartArt, transitions etc …)

Thank you.
  • Phillip
    This message was posted using Email2Forum by ShL77.

Dear Phillip,

Thanks for considering Aspose.Slides.

Phillip:

1. Does your product support a viewer?

4. If Presentations are created in PowerPoint does your viewer have any issues in rendering and displaying the PowerPoint?

I regret to inform you that Aspose.Slides does not support any built in presentation viewer. Actually, Aspose.Slides does reading, writing and manipulating the presentations without using PowerPoint. Any standard presentation viewer can be used to view the presentations generated from Aspose.Slides.

Phillip:

2. Can I embed it on a C# form?

Yes, you can embed the data in presentation from C# forms.

Phillip:

3. Does it support Transitions (fade, etc ...)

Yes, slide transition effects are supported in Aspose.Slides. Please follow this documentation link to support the evidence.

Phillip:

5. Does your product support PowerPoint 2010 files (SmartArt, transitions etc ...)

As I have shared with you earlier that slide transitions are supported in Aspose.Slides. However, the SmartArt, WordArt, Charts and Rendering of 3D and image pixel effects are not supported unfortunately at this point of time.

Please share with us, if you have any further queries. We will be really obliged to help you out.

Thanks and Regards,

.ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P {padding:0px;} .ExternalClass body.ecxhmmessage {font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}

Thanks for the reply. One more question:

I
regret to inform you that Aspose.Slides does not support any built in
presentation viewer. Actually, Aspose.Slides is does reading, writing
and manipulating the presentations without using PowerPoint. Any standard presentation viewer can be used to view the presentations generated from Aspose.Slides.

Do
you have any examples? I need a presentation viewer that can be
embedded on a c# form. PowerPoint works great, but I need to present on
5 screens with individual presentation data.

Thanks
- Phillip

Dear Phillip,

I regret to inform you that I have so far used MS PowerPoint and PowerPoint viewer and unfortunately unable to suggest any viewer that can be embedded on a C# form.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Do you know of a way to embed PowerPoint viewer on a form? or to get PowerPoint to display unique presentations simultaneously?

Dear Phillip,

I am afraid that PowerPoint viewer cannot be embedded inside a C# application form. You may please try some other options.

Thanks and Regards,

Hello,

Any further thoughts on this? If I cannot embed the PowerPoint viewer
are you aware of a .pptx, .xps viewer that can be embedded?

Dear Phillips,

I am extremely sorry to say that I have not experienced use of embedding XPS viewer in C# application. However, I have surfed on internet and have found http://xpsplus.com/Home/XPSDevelopment/tabid/56/Default.aspx. Hopefully, it may be helpful for you.

Thanks and Regards,

Thanks. The XPS Viewer should work. When I create a presentation that I
want to display via XPS. Do I have to (1) create a powerpoint file (2)
save it (3) open the file (4) convert the presentation to xps? or can I
create the xps file in one step.

I assume any transitions or video would be static in XPS, correct?

thanks

• Phillip

Dear Phillip,

You may please need to convert the presentation to XPS in order to view the file in XPS Viewer. Please follow this link to see how to export presentation to XPS.

Thanks and Regards,