We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose.slides for Reporting Services fails to install

Hi,

the installation fails with following error message (see attached .pic). We have a standard set up, so i am not willing to go through the complex manual installation and would like to know what needs to be done to get the .msi automatic installation workin? And yes, we have bought a license, so i’d appreciate your support.

Thanks in advance and regards
Nikos

Hi Nikos,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the snapshot shared by you and it seems that you have missing instance of Reporting Services on your machine. Can you please share the details about the installed products on your system along with OS installed on your end.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassi,

thank you very much for your quick reply!

The OS is Win2k8 R2

The Reporting server is installed on C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10_50.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services folder and version is SQL Severer 2008 R2.

The reporting service is configured with a SharePoint Server on anotherserver.

Please let me know if you need mroe details.

Cheers and thanks in advance

Nikos

Hi Nikos,

I have observed the details shared and it seems that the MSI installer have found Sharepoint instance first and tries to install Aspose.Slides there. But the instance of sharepoint doesn’t contains ReportingServices extension installed. So, that is why the issue is happening. I have created an issue with ID SLIDESREP-33261 to further investigate and resolve the issue.

In the meanwhile, I suggest you to please try installing Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services manually on your end by following the guidelines mentioned here.

You may also try to create a the following path on your system by adding folders installed

c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\WebServices\Reporting\bin</b>

Then, try installing Aspose.slides for Reporting Services installed on your end. There may be some error message like, “Could not properly install or configure Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services rendering extensions”. But, you can ignore it and hopefully Aspose.Slides will be installed. If this does not work, the manual installation method as shared above will hopefully be working.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

we still have not achieved to perfrom the installation, even not with the manual process.

We have following set up:

1. One DB Server with MYSQL
2. One App server with Sharepoint and MS Project

We got told that we need to install Sharepoint onto the Application Server where Sharepoint and MS Project runs. We did this, but we saw that it looks like the reporting services need to listen on port 80 but Sharepoint is already configured for this port. I know that this is nto necessarily something you could solve, but i still wanted to ask if you believe that there is somehow an error in our thinking. No worries if you have no feedback on this. In case i get more Aspose related questions, i will date this ticket up…

Hi Nikos,

I have observed the requirements and have discussed them with our development team as well. Actually, the issue highlighted does not lie in domain of Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mussadir,

thank you for your feedback. We investigated further and are now in a stage where the generation of all reports works, except the one for .ppt (e.g. pptx works fine).

When trying to generate the .ppt slides, we receive the below error message and i wanted to ask you whether you can take a look and let me know what it means. Or whether this is something i must address to Microsofts Sharepoint support?

Please let me know if you have any question.

Thanks and Regards,
Nikos

Hi Nikos,

I have observed the error shared by you. Is it possible for you to please provide the stack trace with us for necessary investigation on my end. Please also share the source RDL file by using Adventure Works as data source. Please also share the generated PPTX presentation and RPL export file for the problematic report. For RPL export, please visit this documentation link. I will investigate the issue further on my end to help you out.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESREP-33261) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.