Aspose Slides from PPT produced by HSSF POI

Hi all, i im planning to BUY Aspose Slides to convert some PPT files in PDF format. Looking at your examples i have implemented a simple method that convert PPT to PDF. The code is very simple and is included in file TestAspose.java (the full code is inside TestAspose.zip).

Presentation pres =

new Presentation(new FileInputStream(new File(pathOutput + "\\" + fileName + ".ppt")));

pres.save(pathOutput + "\\" + fileName + ".pdf", SaveFormat.PDF);

The PPT file is producted by a module that use HSSF POI java library. When i read the file i have no problem, but saving the file in PDF format cause the following exception:

com.aspose.slides.PptException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.aspose.slides.obfuscated.aik.do(SourceFile:72)
at com.aspose.slides.Presentation.save(SourceFile:3532)
at com.aspose.slides.Presentation.save(SourceFile:3484)
at TestAspose.main(TestAspose.java:21)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.aspose.slides.Table.byte(SourceFile:2106)
at com.aspose.slides.Shape.case(SourceFile:2262)
at com.aspose.slides.Table.case(SourceFile:2014)
at com.aspose.slides.GroupShape.do(SourceFile:198)
at com.aspose.slides.Slide.do(SourceFile:1429)
at com.aspose.slides.Slide.saveToAps(SourceFile:1472)
at com.aspose.slides.obfuscated.aik.do(SourceFile:58)
... 3 more

(also saving the file in PPT format causa a similar exception). If i open the PPT file produced by POI in MS Office powerpoint and i save the file the file is correctly converted by aspose slides(also saving the file in PPT format causa a similar exception). If i open the PPT file produced by POI in MS Office powerpoint and i save the file the file is correctly converted by aspose slides

the software that actually produce the ppt is written in java using last version of POI (3.7) and for us is not simple to replace that code using full aspose classes.

In your experience is there a workaround to the problem or can you help me to solve the problem?

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have tested the scenario
and I am able to reproduce the same problem. For the sake of correction,
I have logged it in our issue tracking system as SLIDESJAVA-30719. Our
team will look into this issue and you will be updated via this forum
thread once it is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-30719) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.