Aspose.Slides function InsertClone return Object variable not set

I have 2 presentation and required clone slides from one to another one both presentation have 3 slides.
Step to reproduce error:

1. Open first presentation
  2. Open second presentation and delete slide #2
  3. try to copy all existing slides from secon presentation to first presentation between slides #2 and #3

Note: InsertClone works fine if from second presentation don’t delete slide

Examples of presentations you can see presentations for first presentation use file “Cassandra Group 3.pptx”, for second presentation use file “Cassandra UK local 3.pptx”

@aaksenov,

I have observed the sample presentation files shared by you and request you to please share the working sample project reproducing issue on your end. Please share the information so that we may proceed further to help you.

Project sample see by link to demo project.
Note: see read.me file. Required to replace license file by your license.

@aaksenov,

Thank you for sharing the information. I have worked with the sample project and have been able to reproduce the issue on my end. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-39421 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be fixed.

Hi,

is any progress on this issue? It seems we can’t clone slides. Can you help?

@PawelSienko,

I have observed your comments. I regret to inform that issue is still unresolved. I like to inform that issue has been added recently in our issue tracking system. Our product team investigating issue in details and we will share good news with you soon. I request for your patience.

I am getting “Object reference not set to an instance of an object” exception while using insertclone() in one presentation. Exception as below
at Aspose.Slides.BaseSlide.get_Presentation()
at Aspose.Slides. .(IHyperlink , , )
at Aspose.Slides. .(IHyperlinkContainer , , , )
at Aspose.Slides. .(IShape , ​ , )
at Aspose.Slides. .(IAutoShape , , , ​ )
at Aspose.Slides. .(IShape , , , ​ )
at Aspose.Slides. .(IGroupShape , , , ​ )
at Aspose.Slides. .(IBaseSlide , , )
at Aspose.Slides.​ .(ISlide )
at Aspose.Slides. .(​ , ISlide , )
at Aspose.Slides. .(IPresentation , ILayoutSlide , ISlide )
at Aspose.Slides.SlideCollection.AddClone(ISlide sourceSlide)
at Aspose.Slides.SlideCollection.InsertClone(Int32 index, ISlide sourceSlide)

@josanjthomas,

We are very sorry for delayed response. Can you please share source presentation along with environment details and sample project to further investigate to help you out. Also please share which Aspose.Slides version you are using on your end.

Is any progress on it? Why there is no update since month? Will fix it?

@PawelSienko,

I have observed your comments. I like to share this issue is going to be resolved tentatively in Aspose.Slides 18.1. We will share good news with you soon. I request for your patience until issue gets resolved.

When/Where we can get that version?

@aaksenov,

The concerned issue has been marked as resolved in Aspose.Slides for .NET 17.12, which will be available for download by end of December 2017.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-39421) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for .NET 17.12. Please try using the latest release version and in case you experience any issue or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.