Aspose Slides jar contains reserved filename aux.class - Gradle cannot build

This has been a bit of an ongoing battle.

I’ve been successful in the dex2jar step to bundle up and include the dex files, but come up short further into the build:

aspose.slides-1.1.0.jar is interesting because all the classes have been neatly obfuscated (well their filenames have anyway). As a result, we see a bunch of incrementally named class files:
auv.class
auw.class
aux.class
auy.class
etc.

The problem child is aux.class… During build, Gradle unzips the jar but fails when trying to adjust the permissions on aux.class.

It can’t do it because aux is a reserved file name under Windows and (knowing this) the unzip component silently renamed the file to: _aux.class. When Gradle tries to alter permissions on the file aux.class it cannot find it, and bins-out with a FileNotFoundException.

If possible, please can you limit the file names provided in the jar to exclude reserved filenames? (This should apply to all the Aspose products, but I’m starting here as this is the first one I hit!)

For reference, here is a list of reserved filenames under Windows:
  • CON
  • PRN
  • AUX
  • CLOCK$ (NT and older)
  • NUL
  • COM1
  • COM2
  • COM3
  • COM4
  • COM5
  • COM6
  • COM7
  • COM8
  • COM9
  • LPT1
  • LPT2
  • LPT3
  • LPT4
  • LPT5
  • LPT6
  • LPT7
  • LPT8
  • LPT9

Thanks!

Hi Lewis,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the information shared by you and like to share that an issue with ID SLIDESANDROID-31 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue shared by you. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be fixed.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,