Aspose Slides - JAVA - Bullets are appearing differntly in Linux environment

Hello,

We are evaluating Aspose Slides in JAVA and trying to export slides to images. It is working fine but there is one issue related to bullets. In windows environment, the bullets are rendering fine in images but in linux environment, some bullets are getting distorted and are appearing as small square.

Text is rendering fine in both environments.

I have attached an snapshot of output from both environment.

Please let me know how to fix this?

Best Regards,
Fahad

Hi Fahad,

Thank you for considering Aspose.Slides.

I have observed your comments and like to request you to please try using Aspose.Slides for Java 15.5.1 on your end first and if you still face the issue then please share with us the source presentation, generated images along with the code which you are using on your end so that I may investigate it further to help you out.

Best Regards,

Thank you for reply Adnan.

I will try the new version. But this might not be the version issue because I am using 15.4.0 which is not too old than this one.

BTW, I was searching for solution in this forum as well and found this:
Slide Thumbnail - Distorted bullets

Is there any link to install fonts on linux. I followed the below link but no link:
http://www.itzgeek.com/how-tos/linux/centos-how-tos/how-to-install-microsoft-truetype-fonts-in-centos-6-rhel-6.html#axzz3fNw7Ym3t

Best Regards,
Fahad

Hi Fahad,

I have observed your comments and like to share with you that although you are using 15.4.0 on your end but still it needs to be tested with latest available version of Aspose.Slides which is 15.5.1. I request you to please visit this documentation link for your kind reference.

Please let us know if the issue persists. We will be happy to assist you further.

Best Regards,

Adnan,

I tried new jar but same result.

I am attaching the files that you need.

Still i doubt that it is code related OR JAR related issue. Its related to LINUX environment. Do you support LINUX environment?

Best Regards,
Fahad.

Hi Fahad,

We are investigating your issue and will share our findings with you soon.

We appreciate your patience in this regard.

Best Regards,

Hi Fahad,

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you and I have been able to reproduce the issue. A ticket with ID SLIDESJAVA-34936 has been logged in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue.This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Thank you Adnan.

Any update, Adnan?

Hi Fahad,

I have observed your comments and like to share with you that the work on this issue is in progress and we would like to know if Wingdings symbol font is installed in your linux or not?

Best Regards,

I also thought that its a font issue. As I stated in earlier comments that, I installed the MS Core font package by following a tutorial. But no luck.

I can see webdings font in /usr/share/fonts/msttcore folder but not wingding font.

Do you know any other tutorial besides that?

Also, where can i check the issue ticket with ID SLIDESJAVA-34936?

Hi Fahad,

I have worked over your requirements and found that your opinion is right. I have installed the font wingding in my linux by following the steps written below from this link.

If you want to make these fonts available only to specific users, then you will follow the same directions except you will add the fonts only to the users’ ~/.fonts directory. If the~/.fonts directory doesn’t exist, create it with mkdir ~/.fonts (while logged into the specific users’ accounts). Now move (or copy) all of the *ttf and/or *TTF files into the new directory and run fc-cache -f -v to make the users’ accounts aware of the fonts.

I have attached the font file and the generated image of the slide after installing the font, for your kind reference. Follow these steps and then share the feedback with us if the problem is resolved or not.

Please let us know if the issue persists. We will be happy to assist you further.

Best Regards,

Hi Fahad,

I request you to please share if the problem has been resolved on your end or not so that we can close the ticket SLIDESJAVA-34936 in our issue management system. Please share your kind feedback with us.

Best Regards,

Thanks Adnan. I have just verified the bullets are appearing fine after installing the fonts.

Hi Fahad,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

We are glad know things have started working on your end. Please feel free to contact us if we could be of any help to you.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-34936) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.