Aspose Slides Java - PowerPoint HTML Conversion - Overlapping Characters in Internet Explorer

Hi,

We are in the process of evaluating Aspose Java for its ability to convert MS Office Documents into HTML.

We are however finding an issue when converting PowerPoint to HTML. If the resulting HTML document is opened in Internet Explorer 9 or less then the rendering of the HTML document is poor. You essentially end up with overlapping characters and spacing issues.

The HTML renders well in IE 10, Chrome, and Firefox. But for us it is important that the rendering is still good in IE 8 and IE 9.

I will add the original PPTX document and the resulting HTML document - along with screenshots of how this renders in IE 9 and below.

Is there any workarounds for this?

(Please note I have uploaded the html file named as “6.rtf” because the forum will not allow me to upload HTML files)

Thanks,

James

Apologies this post needs to be moved into the Slides forum

Sorry - will move shortly

Thanks

James

Hi,

We are in the process of evaluating Aspose Java for its ability to convert MS Office Documents into HTML.

We are however finding an issue when converting PowerPoint to HTML. If the resulting HTML document is opened in Internet Explorer 9 or less then the rendering of the HTML document is poor. You essentially end up with overlapping characters and spacing issues.

The HTML renders well in IE 10, Chrome, and Firefox. But for us it is important that the rendering is still good in IE 8 and IE 9.

I will add the original PPTX document and the resulting HTML document - along with screenshots of how this renders in IE 9 and below.

Is there any workarounds for this?

(Please note I have uploaded the html file named as “6.rtf” because the forum will not allow me to upload HTML files)

Thanks,

James

POST ADDED TO THE SLIDES FORUM

Thanks

Hi James,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the issue shared by you and first of all recommend you to please try using Aspose.Slides for Java 7.3.0 on your end first. If there is still an issue then please share the sample presentation, generated HTML and snapshot highlighting the issues incurring. I will investigate them on my end to help you further.

Many Thanks,