Aspose Slides Licence Issue

Hi,

We have build a tool using your component and it works perfectly on our development system. We then moved it into production on a WaaS Medium trust server. The system works correctly but will not let me register the licence.

We are using the command in the Global file

Dim license As Aspose.Slides.License = New Aspose.Slides.License()
license.SetLicense("Aspose.Slides.lic")

I am getting the following error:

Security Exception

Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application’s trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type ‘System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089’ failed.

Here is the message back from our own support team

The key restrictions applied by ASP.NET Medium Trust are as follows:-
• EventLogPermission is not available. Container cannot access event logs for read or write.
• ReflectionPermission is not available. Containers cannot use reflection.
• RegistryPermission is not available. Containers cannot access the registry.
• WebPermission is restricted. This means your application can only communicate with an address or range of addresses that you define in the element.
• FileIOPermission is restricted. Applications can only access files in the virtual directory hierarchy – specifically applications are granted Read, Write, Append, and PathDiscovery permissions.
• OleDbPermission is not available. Applications cannot use the ADO.NET managed OLE DB data provider to access databases. However, they can use the managed SQL Server provider to access SQL Server databases.

Can you see any issues that I have missed

Thanks
Alan

Hi Alan,

I have observed the issue specified by you and I feel that it's an issue of some security permissions. I have surfed over the internet and found a link where someone encountered a similar problem as you are facing. The shared link also contains the resolution to issue as well. You may please also surf over the internet for a possible work around on your end as well. Please share your feedback with us.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Alan,

Some more information that may certainly help you in resolving the issue. Actually, Aspose.Slides for .NET can work in Full Trust mode only. It uses registry, it access files on a disk (for example manually parse fonts). Also it uses System.Drawing, which is in many cases also required Full Trust. So please use Aspose.Slides in Full Trust mode.

Thanks and Regards,

You say "So please use Aspose.Slides in Full Trust mode." like it is possible. Shared servers do not allow full trust, if your products don't work in Shared Trust please state that clearly on your website before we waste time evaluating your product.

Dear Paul,

We are greatly sorry for the inconvenience you may have gone through. We will surely act upon your advice and will definitely update our product web page after discussion with our development team.

Once again, we feel sorry for your nuisance,

Hi Paul,

I am glad to inform you that we have incorporated support for Aspose.Slides in Medium Trust. The fix for it will be available in Aspose.Slides for .NET 6.0.0, which is due for release on 21 Feb, 2012. You will be automatically notified once the fix will be available.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-30667) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.