Aspose.Slides load performance

I have a system where I use Aspose.Slides to load presentations from disk and check custom properties.
I do the same thing with Aspose.Words and have noticed that load times when using Slides is much worse. I have now switch to using DocumentFormat.OpenXml instead since performance is about 10 times better with this solution.

That is:
var presentation = DocumentFormat.OpenXml.Packaging.PresentationDocument.Open(file.FullName, false);

Is for my scenario about 10 times faster then doing:
var presentation = new Aspose.Slides.Presentation(file.FullName, new LoadOptions() { OnlyLoadDocumentProperties = true });

How come there is such a large discrepancy in load times?
I have a sample console app that tests load times from Aspose compared to OpenXml with the same files if you can not reproduce this behavior.

@blocstar,
Welcome to our community! Thank you for the query. The OnlyLoadDocumentProperties property makes sense if a presentation file is password protected. Please take a look at the API Reference:
LoadOptions.OnlyLoadDocumentProperties Property

You should try to use IPresentationInfo interface as below:

var info = PresentationFactory.Instance.GetPresentationInfo("presentation.pptx");
var properties = info.ReadDocumentProperties();

Documents: Presentation Properties
API Reference: PresentationFactory Class, IPresentationInfo Interface

1 Like

This is indeed much faster. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction! Is there a similar interface for Aspose.Words?

@blocstar,
Unfortunately, I cannot answer this question properly. You should ask it on Aspose.Words Product Family forum.