Significant memory usage on loading presentation files (Java)

We have been testing conversions of PowerPoint documents and we have noticed that the memory usage seems to be quite significant. For example we have documents about 4mb and the conversion is running out of memory with 2gb allocated to our JVM.

Is this something we should expect and allocate more memory to our JVM ?

Regards
Bart.

@BartMorse,

I have observed the issue shared by you and like to share that when presentation gets loaded in DOM (Document Object Model) of Aspose.Slides, all statics are initialized along with all presentation data structure. The amount of memory consumed is directly proportional to number of slides, shapes inside slides (especially multimedia content) and size of presentation. Moreover, additional memory is required if you perform rendering of presentation to PDF, image or any thing else. I hope the shared elaboration will be helpful. If there is still an issue then please share the source presentation, Operating System details, Java details, Machine information and statistics achieved. We will investigate the issue further on our end to help you.

Hi,
we have problems with high memory usage and long converting times when it comes to images in slides.
We just convert slides to PDF and this take exponential more time for more images to convert.
Here a simple test-file

The performace data (image on the first slide) was collected on a lokal Win10 machine but in our Linux production environment this is also slow.

Hello @mudassir.fayyaz ,

is the sample above helpful and can you retrace the problem?

Thank you

@orgavision,

Thank you for sharing the information with us. Can you please also share the use sample code, Java details, Operating System and Machine details. Please also share the memory statistics achieved on your end so that we may log an investigation ticket on our end to investigate it further.

Happy new year,

no sry. I hoped you could reproduce this on your end with the file.
There is a direct and logical connection between the size and count of images in the PPT and the memory allocation and processing time in Aspose.slides. With Aspose as a blackbox it uses too much memory and processing time in my opinion. I mean it would be great if Aspose.slide would need less resources to come to the same result.

Thank you

Here the machine info where I made the profiling sample.
image.png