Aspose.Slides .NET on linux using Mono

Has anyone been able to convert a pptx to iamges on linux using Aspose.Slides for .Net and mono? I running a new install of arch linux with mono 2.10.8 and the latest Aspose.Slide. I wrote a console application built in VS 2010 Express on windows 7 and .NET 4.0 that converts a simple presentation to tiff using the call PresentationEx.Save. I can run simple c# test applications using mono, but when I run my slide converter using > mono AsposeTest.exe, I get the following output:

FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.NotImplementedException: The requested feature is not implemented [GDI+ status: NotImplemented]

Is this an issue with tiff conversion? Am I missing a library? Has anyone else been able to convert a pptx to images using Aspose.Slides and mono on linux? This exception is coming up from PresentationEx.Save so I’m not sure what to do about it.

Thanks!

Full output below:

at Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx.Save (System.IO.Stream stream, SaveFormat format, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveOptions options) [0x00000] in :0
at Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx.Save (System.String fname, SaveFormat format) [0x00000] in :0
at AsposeTest.Program.exportSlide (Aspose.Slides.Pptx.SlideEx slide, System.String id) [0x00000] in :0
at AsposeTest.Program.exportPresentation (Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx pres) [0x00000] in :0
at AsposeTest.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in :0
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.NotImplementedException: The requested feature is not implemented [GDI+ status: NotImplemented]
at System.Drawing.GDIPlus.CheckStatus (Status status) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Drawing.Image.SaveAdd (System.Drawing.Imaging.EncoderParameters encoderParams) [0x00000] in :0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Drawing.Image:SaveAdd (System.Drawing.Imaging.EncoderParameters)
at .ƒ. (Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx pres, System.IO.Stream stream, Aspose.Slides.Export.TiffOptions options) [0x00000] in :0
at Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx.Save (System.IO.Stream stream, SaveFormat format, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveOptions options) [0x00000] in :0
at Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx.Save (System.String fname, SaveFormat format) [0x00000] in :0

Hi Andrew,

I have tried to observe the issue shared by you. I would suggest you to please share the source presentation along with code snippet with us for necessary investigation. Have you tried using Aspose.Slides for .NET 6.0.0 on your end.

Many Thanks,

Aspose.Slides 6.0 solved the problem. Thanks!