Aspose slides - pdf jar sizes

Dear Aspose team,

We have noticed that the aspose slides and pdf libraries have became quite big in size: over 22 Mb for each.
It is a lot comparing to aspose cells and words. Is there a way to reduce this size?
For example: aspose pdf 3.0.1 was about 1.5 Mb, it is now 27Mb…

Thanks a lot in advance

Emmanuel Comba

Hi Emmanuel,

Thanks for contacting support.

I would like to answer from Aspose.Pdf perspective. The version of Aspose.Pdf for Java 3.0.1 only included the classes/packages to create PDF files from scratch. However the latest release of Aspose.Pdf for Java is an auto-ported MergedAPI release of Aspose.Pdf for Java which provides combined features to create as well as manipulate existing PDF files. This API now comprises three main packages i.e. aspose.pdf, com.aspose.pdf and com.aspose.pdf.facades. Due to these changes, the size of API is increased. Furthermore, with every new release, we are adding new features/enhancements and also removing issues reported in earlier release versions.

PS, each API has its own codebase so the size might be different for all the API’s.

Hi Emmanuel,

I
would share my feedback w.r.t Aspose.Slides. The older versions of
Aspose.Slides for Java had less feature support and did not include support for Chart, ActiveX and SmarArt shape. The latest version of Aspose.Slides for Java includes rich PowerPoint features support including Charts, ActiveX and SmartArt shapes. Also the latest release of Aspose.Slides for
Java is an auto-ported MergedAPI release of Aspose.Slides for .NET. This new API cannot be compared with old APIs in terms of features support as well internal structure. Adding further here that with every new release, we are
adding new features/enhancements and also removing issues reported in
earlier release versions.

I hope the shared information will be helpful. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

Thanks a lot for your response. We are at the end all in the same situation… Our products are getting better, include more and more functionality and are getting bigger.
We will live with that fact :wink:

Have a nice day

Emmanuel