Aspose Slides Performance - Java

I’ve been following with interest the performance issues of Java Slides module since v3.

and especially
These are just a few but it seems obvious that Aspose is having serious issues here and they have been going on for quite some time. We’re trying to get a sense of how much improvement we can expect from the unified version and what the expected release date on that version should be. If not in the unified version, when will the performance issues be addressed. If we can’t get back to - or at least very close to - the performance of pre-v3, we will need to look into alternatives.

Thanks.
Gregg

Hi Gregg,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the forum thread links concerning to performance issues on my end. I am discussing these issues with our development team and will share the feedback with you as soon as possible when it will be shared by our development team.

Many Thanks,

Hi Gregg,

I have discussed the questions shared by you with our development team. I like to share that we are going to share the first merged release of Aspose.Slides for Java 14.2.0 by the end of April 2014. The Aspose.Slides for Java 14.2.0 will be the first version of merged API for Aspose.Slides. The merged API for Aspose.Slides for Java will get matured till Aspose.Slides for Java 14.4.0 release (due in June 2014). The said Aspose.Slides for Java 14.4.0 will have better performance than at present Aspose.Slides for Java 8.4.0 release.

Also, we are gradually improving the API performance and will be taking these things in account once the merged API for Aspose.Slides for Java will be rolled out.

Many Thanks,

Mudassir, did this merged release happen at the end of April? On the downloads page, I see a version 8.5, but not a version 14.2.0. Are they the same thing? Thanks, Bob

Hi Bob,

I like to share that owing to some internal complexities with Aspose.Slides for .NET 14.2.0 the release of Aspose.Slides for Java 14.2.0 has been postponed. We will now share Aspose.Slides for Java 14.4.0 once Aspose.Slides for .NET 14.4.0 will get matured. We will share the good news via blogs announcement as well once the new release will be available.

Many Thanks,