Aspose Slides PPT to PPTX conversion in Asp.Net

Hi,

We have a Asp.Net application which creates a PPT file using Aspose.slides version 2.8.0.0

Now we want to create PPTX file without changes in the code

when i add the latest dll of version 14.6.0.0 to the application some of the methods are not supporting, so do i need to change the code, or i can use the same code once PPT is generated then can i convert the same into PPTX. Please suggest the way to implement this.

Thanks,

Praveen

Hi Praveen,

Thank you for the details.

You can use the same code to generate and convert files from PPT to PPTX using the unified version of Aspose.Slides v14.x.x. In case you face any issue, please share the samples with us and we will further assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi,

What is meant by unified version of Aspose Slides v14.x.x.

i have downloaded the file from ....

http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.slides-for-.net/default.aspx

My application is developed in .Net Framework 2.0 and visual studio 2005

but it is not supporting the below methods

1. 'Aspose.Slides.Presentation' does not contain a definition for 'GetSlideByPosition.
  2. 'Aspose.Slides.Presentation' does not contain a definition for 'CloneSlide'
  3. 'Aspose.Slides.Presentation' does not contain a definition for 'Fonts'
  4. 'Aspose.Slides.Shape' does not contain a definition for 'TextFrame'
  5. 'Aspose.Slides.Presentation' does not contain a definition for 'GetSlideByPosition.
  6. 'Aspose.Slides.Presentation' does not contain a definition for 'CloneSlide'
  7. 'Aspose.Slides.Presentation' does not contain a definition for 'Fonts'
  8. 'Aspose.Slides.Shape' does not contain a definition for 'TextFrame'

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Praveen

Hi Praveen,

The new version is the unified version of Aspose.Slides which has merged the features of PPT and PPTX together and inter-conversion issues have been removed.

As per your issues, I would suggest you to please visit the following documentation link for updating your code to the latest version of Aspose.Slides.

Migration from earlier versions of Aspose.Slides for .NET

Please do let us know in case you still face any issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi,

May i know the compatible method for "GetSlideByPosition" in Aspose.slides.dll version 16.4.0.0

Thanks,

Praveen

Hi Praveen,

In the latest version, you can simply use the index of the slide to get the particular slide i.e. Presentation.Slides[index].

Please feel free to contact support in case you need any further assistance.

Thanks & Regards,