Aspose.Slides.PPTX namespace missing in 14.2.0.0

I downloaded the latest copy tonight and it broke my build. The Aspose.Slides.pptx namespace doesn’t seem to be there anymore. Is there a different way to work with PPTX files that isn’t documented yet?

Hi Mark,

Well, Aspose.Slides for .NET v14.2.0 is our new unified API which provides a single namespace for both PPT and PPTX files. This new unified API is introduced to overcome the inter conversion issues between PPT and PPTX files. Now, you only need to use Presentation class to process both PPT and PPTX files and Aspose.Slides.Pptx namespace is not required anymore. You can refer to the below documentation link for tips regarding how to migrate from legacy API to the new unified API.

http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/slidesnet/Migration+from+Earlier+Versions+of+Aspose.Slides+for+.NET

In case you need any further assistance, please do let us know.

Thanks & Regards,

Thanks for the information. So, where would I find documentation on what properties have been removed? For instance, I note that GetSlideByPosition and LastSlidePosition have been removed.

Hi Mark,

We are currently working on adding new migration tips and also a mapping table for changes in the new unified API and it will be available soon. At the moment, you can refer the documentation to get the idea about the new methods and properties. The properties you have mentioned are removed as these were not required anymore due to the fact that you can easily get these using the Slides collection (e.g. Slides[Index] to get the slide on a specific index) . In case you face any issue, please let us know and we will update you accordingly.

Thanks & Regards,