Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.dll - for VS2008 Report Designer

Hi

We use Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.dll to install Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services on a computer with Business Intelligence Development Studio. This will enable us to export reports to Microsoft PowerPoint formats at design time from the Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Report Designer.

Now as we are in the process of migrating our solution to Visual Studio 2008 Report Designer, we are not able to use the same Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.dll file to get reports in PowerPoint formats.

Please provide us the DDL which will be of use to us for our purpose.

Thanks

Lakshmi

Hi Lakshmi,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

Can you please share that which version of Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services you are trying to install on your end. I like to share that there is separate Aspose.Slides for Reporting Service dll for SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008. If you are using the latest version of Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services then you need to use dll that has been shared in “\Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices\Bin<font color=”#ff0000">Universal</b>". Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir

Thanks for you quick response. We are currently using the DDL for our end only to generate reports in PPT format.

For more clarity , we do exactly the same steps mentioned in below link for getting the reports saved in PPT format from Visual Studio IDE 2005.

So ,Can you please share the version of the ddl which will be compatible with 2008 version ?So , Can you please share the version of the ddl which will be compatible with 2008 version ?

Thanks

Lakshmi

Hi Lashmi,

Please follow the guidelines shared over this documentation link for your kind reference. Please download the latest version of Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 4.6.0 in zip from this link. Please extract the source package and use the dll shared inside “\Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices\Bin<font color=”#ff0000">Universal" directory for extracted package. Please share if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir

Thanks for your response. We are currently using the Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.dll of version 2.1.1.0. This version works well for integration with Visual Studio 2005 Report Designer.

I understand that I need to take the latest dll file to integrate with Visual Studio 2008 Report Designer. From the link that you had posted above, I am clear with the steps mentioned. But when I tried to download the Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services , I am getting a msi installation package. I am not sure how to get the required dll file alone from that package. It would be really helpful if you could extract the same and attach it here.

Thanks

Lakshmi

Hi Lakshmi,

Please download the zipped version of Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 4.6.0 from this link. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir

Thanks again.I got the dll file that I wanted. I shall integrate it with Visual Studio 2008 and will get back if I have any issues.

Thanks

Lakshmi

Hi Lakshmi,

That is appreciable that you are on track now and have the desired dll. Please share if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,