Aspose.Slides unable to handle .ppt with texture background

When using Aspose.Slides (I’ve tested on 6.7-7.4) SlideEx.GetThumbnail, with a .ppt file that has a texture background, no thumbnails are produced.

This is on Mac (tested on 10.6, 10.7, 10.8) with Mono.

Is this a known issue, and can we expect a fix?

Hi Travis,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the requirement shared by you. Can you please share the sample code along with source presentation and generated output with us. I will investigate the issue further on my end to help you out. Secondly, I also like to suggest you to please try using Presentation class for PPT presentation and use Slide.GetThumbnail() for rendering thumbnails.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,
I’ve attached the PPT file Travis referred to. We’re not doing anything special in the code, just calling Slide.GetThumbnail(double, double) and creating a Bitmap from the result.

Presentation presentation = new Presentation(path);
foreach (Slide slide in presentation.Slides)
{

Bitmap bitmap = new Bitmap(slide.GetThumbnail(scalar, scalar));}

}

Thanks,
Ish

Hi Ish,

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you using Aspose.Slides for .NET 7.5.0 in Windows 7 environment using following sample code. I have been able to share the correct output as it is shared for your kind reference. Can you please try using the mentioned latest version and share with us if the issue still persist along with generated output image. Please also share the mono version that you are using to reproduce the issue on your end.

public static void PptThumbnail(String path, String file)
{
Presentation pres = new Presentation(path + file);

for (int i = 1; i <= pres.Slides.LastSlidePosition; i++)
{
try
{
System.Drawing.Image thumbBitmap = pres.GetSlideByPosition(i).GetThumbnail(2, 2);
thumbBitmap.Save(path + “Slides//Slide_” + i.ToString() + “.png”, System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Png);
}
catch (Exception e)
{
Console.WriteLine(“Slide :” + i.ToString() + " has problem in thumbnail generation");
Console.WriteLine(e.StackTrace);
}
}

}

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,
We’re using Mono 2.10.9. The thumbnail generation fails altogether; there’s no output image to share.

Thanks,
Ish

(We’re using the latest version of Aspose, 7.6.0)

Hi Travis,

Thanks for sharing the further information. I have created an issue with ID
SLIDESNET-34537 in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved. For reference, please also share the generated thumbnail with missing texture on your end as well as I will append that with mentioned issue in our issue tracking system.

Many Thanks,