ArgumentException on loadin the PPTX file (C# .NET)

Hi Aspose Team,

We use Aspose.Slides version 16.4 in our application that creates presentation on the fly.

The attached presentation fails to create a presentation object in the below line of code:
Presentation asposePresentation = new Presentation(_PPTXInput.InputPath);

with the following error.

{Aspose.Slides.PptxReadException: Parameter is not valid. —> System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
at System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(Stream stream, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement, Boolean validateImageData)
at System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(Stream stream)
at Aspose.Slides.ImageCollection.AddImage(MemoryStream stream)
at Aspose.Slides.ImageCollection.AddImage(Byte[] buffer)
at ?? .(? )
at ?? .(? )
at ? .( , IPresentation )
at ? .(Presentation , Stream )
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at ? .(Presentation , Stream )
at Aspose.Slides.Presentation.(Stream )
at Aspose.Slides.Presentation.(Stream )
at Aspose.Slides.Presentation…ctor(String file, LoadOptions loadOptions)
at Aspose.Slides.Presentation…ctor(String file)
at KP360.eMed.STP.Presentations.SlideConverterPPTX…ctor(EOMSlideDetails slideDetails)

Please help us to identify what image(or other component) in the presentation is not being handled by Aspose.

Thanks!
Florence

@vpedada.connectpw,

I have observed your comments. Can you please make sure that you have shared sample presentation with us. I am unable to see any attachment to this thread.

Hi,

We would create a private ticket using the account that we purchased the license from and share the presentation in that ticket.

Thanks!
Florence

@vpedada.connectpw,

Sure. Also please try to use below sample code to load presentation on your end and also please try to use Aspose.Slides latest version 18.5 on your end.

string path = “F:\Aspose Work\”;
Presentation Pres = new Presentation(path+“test.pptx”);

Hi,
It worked with v18.5. Could you please point me to aspose documentation that dictates powerpoint features supported/not supported in V 16.4 and 18.5.

Thanks!
Florence

@vpedada.connectpw,

I have observed your comments. Can you please visit and explore this release notes link for more details regarding new features. Please share feedback with us if there is still an issue.

Hi,

We would like to identify the issue with current presentation with version 16.4, since we cannot schedule an upgrade to v 18.4 immediately. I am trying to attach the presentation as zip file (138MB). Please confirm if you are able to view/download the zip file.
Also, how do we move this ticket to paid forum? We want this to be a private chat.

IUploading…

@vpedada.connectpw,

I have observed your comments and like to share that if we are able to reproduce the issue using latest available version to date then an issue is logged in issue tracking system for investigation and resolution. Otherwise, our respected customers are offered to use latest version on their end. If you want to log an issue in Paid support forum, please visit Priority Helpdesk.

Hi,

Is there a way I can upload the .pptx file here? Are you saying you will not help us find specific issue with components contained in the slides of this .pptx file ? Is moving to V18.4 the only suggestion form your end?

Thanks!

@vpedada.connectpw,

I have observed your comments. I like to inform that you can upload presentation to this thread. In case you want this chat to be private than inform us here and we can make this thread private, only you and Aspose Staff will be able to see your files. I also like to inform that support is always provided based on new version.

Thanks Adnan,

We are planning to upgrade to latest version in September.

However we need to support this one .pptx file now, with the version we currently use. This .pptx file does work well with latest version. So there is no point in sharing the file with you.

Thanks!
Florence

@vpedada.connectpw,

If there is no issue while using latest version with your presentation then our suggestion is to please switch to latest version on your end.

Hello, Aspose Team. I faced the same issue while i was trying to crop shape’s thumbnail to get shape’s position. As i need also to get portion position regular aspose methods like GetRectangle() doesn’t fit. I added sample project with a sample file to this message.

@obrusentsov,

I have observed that you have made same inquiry in two other threads as well. I have shared my feedback for your convenience over following link.