We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose support for Mono for Android (Demo Crash)

Hi Everybody,

I’m working as Android Developer and I need an internal viewer for office documents in Android. I’m working using the Xamarin Mono for Android framework. Do you have any Beta/Alpha release that have a support for this framework?

Otherwise I tried to bind the Aspose Jar in my project but there are some problems with the obfuscation and is not working.

We want to evaluate this product and maybe buy it if it works without problems.

I tried the Aspose Demo App (https://github.com/aspose-words/Aspose.Words-for-Java) but it crashes with this error: Activity has leaked window that was originally added

Let me know.

Kind Regards,

Ilber

Hi Ilber,

Thanks for your inquiry.

ilber:

I tried the Aspose Demo App (https://github.com/aspose-words/Aspose.Words-for-Java) but it crashes with this error: Activity has leaked window that was originally added

It would be great if you please share following detail for investigation purposes.

• What environment are you running on?
  • OS (Windows Version or Linux Version)
  • Architecture (32 / 64 bit)
  • Java version

As soon as you get these pieces of information to us we’ll start our investigation into your issue.

ilber:

I’m working as Android Developer and I need an internal viewer for office documents in Android. I’m working using the Xamarin Mono for Android framework. Do you have any Beta/Alpha release that have a support for this framework?

I have logged a new ticket in our issue tracking system as WORDSANDROID-150 to investigate the usage of Aspose.Words for Andriod with Xamarin Mono for Android framework. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hello Tahir,

Thank you for your response.

My development machine is a Mac OS X version 10.9.3 (x64),

java version “1.6.0_65”

Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_65-b14-462-11M4609)

Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.65-b04-462, mixed mode).

I tried the example as it is with the latest version of Asposte.Word for Android and using the latest bundle downloaded from the Google Developer Web Site. I tried to run the example on a Galaxy Tab 3 with Android 4.2.2.

Using it with Xamarin will be very nice feature, a lot of developers are moving to this framework and maybe this will be very nice to have in a short time.

Let me know.

Regards,

Ilber

Hi Ilber,

Thanks for sharing the detail.

ilber:

I tried the example as it is with the latest version of Asposte.Word for Android and using the latest bundle downloaded from the Google Developer Web Site. I tried to run the example on a Galaxy Tab 3 with Android 4.2.2.

I have tested the Aspose.Words for Android Examples on Android 4.2.2 and have not found any issue. It would be great if you please share your tests/findings on Galaxy Tab 3 with Android 4.2.2. Please let us know if you are facing any issue.

ilber:

Using it with Xamarin will be very nice feature, a lot of developers are moving to this framework and maybe this will be very nice to have in a short time.

We will update you via this forum thread once there is any update available on WORDSANDROID-150. Thanks for your patience.

Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Hello Tahir,

Increasing the Java heap space on eclipse and changing this row on the code now is working:

from

lic.setLicense(gLicenseFile.getAbsolutePath());

To

lic.setLicense(new FileInputStream(gLicenseFile.getAbsolutePath()));

I can add also a Jars on my Xamarin projects but the problem is with the obfuscation that makes impossible to use it as embedded jar.

Now i will wait for good news about the Xamarin version. If you will create it probably we will buy this components to use it our application.

Thank you for your help.

Kind Regards,

Ilber

Hello Tahir,

If you want we are able to do some tests for you if you plan to create a xamarin compatible component.

I should not be so hard to do.

Regards,

Ilber

Hi Ilber,

Thanks for your feedback. We always appreciate positive feedback from our customers.

It is nice to hear from you that you have executed the Aspose.Words for Android examples on Android device without any issue.

Regarding the support of Aspose.Words for Android with Xamarin, we will update you once there is any update available on WORDSANDROID-150.

Thanks for your patience.

Hi Ilber,

Thanks for being patient.

Regarding WORDSANDROID-150 (renamed as WORDSXAND-7), we are pleased to announce the release of first version of Aspose.Words for Xamarin.Android that you can download from the following link:

Download Aspose.Words for Xamarin.Android 17.3

You can also reference Aspose.Words for Xamarin.Android 17.3 API in your Visual Studio Xamarin project via NuGet. Please check:

Aspose.Words for Xamarin.Android NuGet Package

Aspose.Words for Xamarin.Android is an advanced Word document processing API to perform a wide range of document processing tasks directly within your native android app using C#.

Best regards,