Aspose.TextAlignment doesn't seem to be working in 2008 R2- why? Sample Attached

Hello,

We are evaluating the PDF Justify ability in your product as our clients need this capability. The problem is, we can’t seem to justify the text.

We are using SQL 2008 R2.

I’ve attached a basic RDL that we are using to test. I’ve removed all DataSources and it’s a simple textbox with some paragraph text.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Should this work, we have many clients that will be buying licenses!

Hi Lee,

Thanks for for contacting support.

We are working on replicating this issue at our end and will share our findings, shortly.

Hi Lee,

Thanks for your patience.

I have tested the scenario using Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services 2.6.0 where I have used the attached .RDL file (containing contents of .RDL which you have shared) and as per my observations, the text in resultant PDF is properly being displayed in Justify alignment. For your reference, I have also attached the resultant PDF and source .RDL file.

PS, the source .RDL which you have shared earlier was based on SQL 2010 SSRS and I have created an .RDL for SQL 2008 SSRS and tested the scenario against SQL Reporting Services 2008 over Windows 7 (x64).

Thanks Nayyer.

Unfortunately, we still cannot get it to work. We imported your working RDL file and it still doesn’t justify.

We tried on 3 other servers with Aspose PDF version 2.5.5.0 with SQL Server 2008 R2. We even downgraded from the latest stable release (2.6.0) to 2.5.5.0.

I attached our output PDF of the rdl file you said you got to to work. Notice anything out of the ordinary?

Any ideas on what we can try next?

Thanks

We got it to work finally.

Turns out the evaluation is not working for whatever reason.

We got a temporary 30 day license and it worked.

Hi Lee,

Thanks for sharing the details.

In my earlier attempts, I used a valid license with latest release of Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services and as shared earlier, text alignment properly worked. However, recently we also have noticed that when using the component in evaluation mode, the Text Alignment does not work. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem as PDFREP-33447 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into this problem and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

Meanwhile you may continue using our product and in case of any further query, please feel free to contact.