Aspose Total : Aspose PDF - sync up the javadoc and the library

I downloaded the latest aspose total for java distributable. I used the aspose.pdf library. When I looked at the javadoc,I see the class MemStream but pdf library does not have the MemStream class …Can you please sync up the javadoc and the library ? and let me know.

Sorry ,But this is really getting painful

The java doc says Cell class has a setHeight method ,but this line of code cell.setHeight(10f) fails to compile.

How are we supposed to know how to set height of a cell and where this method has vanished or moved ?

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for contacting support.

I have also observed similar inconsistencies in javadoc. For
the sake of correction, I have logged this problem as PDFNEWJAVA-33977 in
our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this
problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. Please be
patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

<o:p></o:p>

praveen.achuthan:
The java doc says Cell class has a setHeight method ,but this line of code cell.setHeight(10f) fails to compile.

How are we supposed to know how to set height of a cell and where this method has vanished or moved ?
Hi,

The height for particular cell cannot be specified because in a particular row, all the cells should have same height. Therefore you can set the height for row object. Please try using the following code lines to accomplish your requirements.

[Java]

Row row2 = table1.getRows().add();

row2.setFixedRowHeight(10);

I did understand that after spending time on self exploration ,but it would be very helpful if you can provide an updated javadoc as soon as possible ,so that it does not confuse the programmers.Just awaiting the update ASAP.
I hope you understand that for each and every inconsistency we need not raise issues in forum to get resolutions because the team just simply gets stuck up and we lose development time.

Please do the needful.

The confusion was ,the same api was allowed in 4.2 and in 4.5 its not there in the class library though its there in the javadoc. For eg : if a customer is having some code in 4.2 and suddenly it gets removed in the next version without enough information in javadoc and the customer is stuck from using the latest version because they need to change the existing code spending extra effort.

I hope you understand.

praveen.achuthan:
I did understand that after spending time on self exploration ,but it would be very helpful if you can provide an updated javadoc as soon as possible ,so that it does not confuse the programmers.Just awaiting the update ASAP.
Hi Praveen,

The issue has already been marked with high priority and as soon as we have some definite news regarding its resolution, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction.
praveen.achuthan:
I hope you understand that for each and every inconsistency we need not raise issues in forum to get resolutions because the team just simply gets stuck up and we lose development time.
Forums are our standard way for support/coordination with customers and we coordinate with our clients through our forums. However concerning to earlier reported issues, we are working on investigating the cause regarding these issues. We are sorry for your inconvenience.
praveen.achuthan:
The confusion was ,the same api was allowed in 4.2 and in 4.5 its not there in the class library though its there in the javadoc. For eg : if a customer is having some code in 4.2 and suddenly it gets removed in the next version without enough information in javadoc and the customer is stuck from using the latest version because they need to change the existing code spending extra effort.
Hi Praveen,

Thanks for sharing the details.

From your above stated description, it seems like a regression issue in latest release. We will definitely consider this point during the resolution of this problem. Our humble request is to please be patient and spare us little time.

Thanks for your response.

Sure ,With the current context and state I understand what it means for you (Aspose) .

Hi Praveen,

Every issue is equally important for us and we try our level best to resolve the issues ASAP.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWJAVA-33977) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.