Aspose.Total (.Net) delay while converting Word , Excel, PPT in PDF

Hi,

We are about to purchase the Aspose.Total product to covert files in PDF.
While doing RnD my team informed me that there are significant performance lag in conversion.
Right now we are only testing 6-10mb files in trail version, it will go till 50-100mb in actual environment with licensed version.

Do you have any benchmark or recommendation around this?

Here is the code where team is facing significant delay

Word to PDF
WordToPdf wordToPdf = new WordToPdf();
outputFile = string.Concat(dirPath, Guid.NewGuid().ToString(), “.pdf”);
wordToPdf.ConvertFileBytes(FileContentBytes, outputFile);
if (File.Exists(outputFile))
{
pdfBytes = File.ReadAllBytes(outputFile);
File.Delete(outputFile);
}

using (var stream = new MemoryStream(fileBytes))
{
Document doc = new Document(stream);
doc.Save(outFile);
}

Thanks,
Naman Srivastava

@naman.srivastava

Thanks for considering Aspose and sharing code segment with details.

We have no benchmarks publicly available for performance/memory tests. Therefore, memory usage is completely dependent on document size and document complexity (involving structure, objects and data, etc.). Usually, Aspose.Words needs 10 times more memory than the original document size to build it’s DOM in the memory and when it comes to rendering a document to fixed page formats (e.g. PDF). Almost similar is the case with Aspose.Cells (for Excel to PDF rendering) and other APIs. Anyways, please zip some sample documents (with details about memory usage) and attach for our testing. We will evaluate your issue and help you through.

Thanks @Amjad_Sahi for your quick reply. I will share some sample documents on which my team is working.

Apart from this i just want to understand is there any limitation with OneNote conversion to PDF? looks like Drawing and Tables are not coveting into PDF properly.

@naman.srivastava,

Please take your time to provide sample documents (please zip the files prior attaching) and sample code to reproduce the issue, we will check it soon.

Please create a separate thread in Aspose.Note forum with details, onenote document and output PDF, we will check and help you there.