ASPOSE unable to process the image

ASPOSE unable to process the attached image. WE are getting below exception details: Could you please check and advise us why document generation getting failed with this image?

Caused by:

java.lang.VerifyError: javax/imageio/metadata/IIOMetadata.getAsTree(Ljava/lang/String;)Lorg/w3c/dom/Node;
at asposewobfuscated.?HB.?Z(Unknown Source)
at asposewobfuscated.?HC.?r(Unknown Source)
at asposewobfuscated.?HC.?W(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.?G4.?L(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.?G4.setImageBytes(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.ImageData.setImageBytes(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.DocumentBuilder.insertImage(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.?IG.?Zv(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.?IG.?Z(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.?IG.?z(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.?IG.?X(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.?IG.?Y(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.?IG.?K(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.?IG.?P(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.Document.?Y(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.Document.?Z(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.Document.(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.Document.(Unknown Source)
at com.cisco.asit.icn.document.util.ICNDocumentUtil.generateNuggetDoc(ICNDocumentUtil.java:215)

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for your inquiry. What version of Aspose.Words for Java are you using on your end? We suggest you always use the latest version. The current version is 14.3.0 which you can download from the following link:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/java

In case the problem still remains, could you please attach your input Word document and complete code here for testing? We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi Hafeez,

We are using version 13.4.0.0. The problem is with the attached image only. PSA document for the image. We are unable to generate the document by adding this image to any document.

Thanks & Regards,
Srinivas

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for the additional information. I am afraid, while using the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 14.3.0, I was unable to reproduce this exception on my side. Aspose.Words for Java depends upon the JAI package (Java Advanced Imaging) in order to process images. By looking at the stack trace, it seems your problem is somehow related to JAI. I have attached a few JAR files here with this post. Please try adding reference to these JAR files in your project. I hope, this helps.

Best regards,

Hi Hafeez,

Could you please try to test in version 13.4.0.0.which we are using? We have recently upgraded the version to 13.4.0.0. Upgrading to latest version would require extensive testing and need to have proper impact analysis from our end as well.

Also confirm , do we need to add these jars to version which we are using?

Thanks & Regards,
Srinivas

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, we don’t provide support for older released versions of Aspose.Words. We do not provide any fixes or patches for old versions of Aspose products either. All fixes and new features are always added into new versions of our products. Also, please note that we exercise Unit Testing and all of our unit tests are properly structured. Upgrading to the latest version of Aspose.Words is safe and it should cause no undesired behaviour. Since all Aspose.Words functionality is unit tested so everything in the previous versions shall still be working in the newer versions. Secondly, yes you need to configure JAI package. If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,