Aspose v Office version

I am trying to find documentation on what version of aspose support which versions of office. I have been tasked in moving up our office integration which relies on Aspose.

We use Aspose.Word v 6.1.0.0, Aspose.Cells v 4.6.0.0 and v4.7.1.23 and Apose.Pdf v3.9.0.0

I would like to know what versions of Office these support and what later versions of Aspose support in relation to Office.

I would also like to know if there is a documented upgrade path or advice. For example am I going to require significant work in changing our code? Does the newer versions of Aspose still suppport older versions of Office etc.

Thanks for any help

Hi Devid,

Thanks for your request. I answered your question in the following thread:
<a href="https://forum.aspose.com/t/66940

Please let me know if you need more information, I will be glad to help you.

Best regards,

Hi,

I am from Aspose.Cells team. Well, older version v4.6.0 supports Excel 97-2003 and Excel 2007 formats (xls, xlsx, spreadsheetml, tab delimited, csv etc.) but if you use our latest versions e.g v5.3.x, it does support Excel 97-2010 formats with enhancement and support all the advanced features with efficiency. We also recommend you to use latest versions of the product as we have made tremendous enhancements over the years especially regarding Excel 2007 and Excel 2010 formats and features.

Instructions for upgrading to latest versions:

At first, you should check the release notes for different official versions of Aspose.Cells for .NET (especially v5.0.0 and 5.1.0 etc.) for API changes.

i. See Release Notes Aspose.Cells for .NET 5.0.0
ii See Release Notes Aspose.Cells for .NET 5.1.0

Note: Check the description under “Notable Changes for Existing Users” for API changes.

For older Workbook.Open and Workbook.Save methods, please see the documents for your reference to check what is updated now:

i Opening Files
ii. Saving Files

Moreover, please check the documentation of the product for complete details:

i. Programmer’s Guide

Let me come towards your significant errors that you may encounter, so you can fix them accordingly:

1) You need to import the relevant namesapaces to your project pages or use fully qualified naming when declaring objects for classes etc.:

e.g
using System;
using System.Web;
using Aspose.Cells;
using Aspose.Cells.Pivot;
using Aspose.Cells.Charts;
using Aspose.Cells.Drawing;
using Aspose.Cells.Properties;

etc.

2) As I said above, some classes have been renamed.

e.g

i) Validations → ValidationCollection
ii) PivotTable → PivotTableCollection

etc.

3) Aspose.Cells.Style property is eliminated/obsoleted now, you should adjust your code to use Aspose.Cells.GetStyle() and Aspose.Cells.SetStyle() methods, it will also enhance the performance to certain extent:

e.g

Your sample code using Style attribute should be updated accordingly, e.g

Style style = wsNdaa.Cells[0, 0].GetStyle();
style.Font.IsBold = true;
wsNdaa.Cells[0, 0].SetStyle(style);
Style style2 = cells[“I1”].GetStyle();
style2.HorizontalAlignment = TextAlignmentType.Center;
style2.BackgroundColor = System.Drawing.Color.Navy;
style2.Font.IsBold = true;
cells[“I1”].SetStyle(style2);

For complete reference about Cell.GetStyle/SetStyle approach, please see the documents in the section:

1. Working with Data Formatting

4) And above all, please check Aspose.Cells for .NET API Reference:

Thank you.

Hi

Thanks for a thorough reply. Thats exactly what I was after.

Thanks