We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose Win Grid

Hi,

How should I retain the same cell and row location in the window grid of aspose after we close the form
presently I am using the SetFirstVisibleColumn function , but it moves the that row on top first row in the grid. Actually, the thing which should have happened is that It should show the same row on the same location where it was left last time.
?

Thanks.

Hi,

Yes, SetFirstVisibleColumn and SetFirstVisibleRow methods would moves the column/row to the top left. I think for your need you can specify the selected cell/location, then save the excel file and closes the form. Now you open the form you may import that excel file, it will contain the focus on your previous selected cell.

You may also try (using the following lines of code) to modify your selection too, e.g

GridDesktop1.ImportExcelFile(“e:\test\testfile.xls”)
Dim cl As New Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop.CellLocation
cl.Column = 2
cl.Row = 4
GridDesktop1.Worksheets(0).SetFocusedCell(cl)

Thank you.

Thanks for replying Amjad…The code is focusing the cell and also the row

But, The problem in implementing the code is that, It does not appear
in the visible part of the grid. user will scroll down the grid to see
where it’s location is and also how shall the user get to know the
location of this selected cell.

Can you please any alternative solution ?

Thanks

Hi,

You want the GridDesktop should auto-scroll to the focused cell, I am afraid this feature is not available at the moment. But I think you may use SetFirstVisibleColumn or SetFirstVisibleRow methods, these methods does scroll to your desired cell location although the methods always put those focused cell on top left in the worksheet. Anyways, I have logged your feature request into out issue tracking system with an issue id: CELLSNET-16262. We can check the feasibility of the feature and let you know about it soon.

For "how shall the user get to know the
location of this selected cell."

You may try to use Worksheet.GetFocusedCell.Name or Worksheet.GetFocusedCellLocation APIs.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

Thanks again for replying.
Can you please confirm whether I will be replied through EMail, whenever the request gets implemented?

Thanks

Hi,

We have enhanced the SetFocusedCell method, it will now auto-scroll to the focused cell. Please try the attached Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop v2.1.0.2006.

Thank you.

Thank You Amjad for your kind attention.
I will get back to you very shortly.

Hi Amjad,

We are presently using Aspose.Grid.Desktop.dll
and the dll u sent us will have the same features as of Aspose.Grid.Desktop.dll ?
If so, could u please send the dll of same name now ?

Thanks

Hi,

Well, Aspose.Grid.Desktop (along with Aspose.Grid.Web) is merged to the Aspose.Cells for .NET product now (a few months ago which is more powerful and feature rich control.), it is also renamed to become Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop (the namespce is changed now). It is very easy to use/upgrade to new Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop control in your project, see the document for reference:
https://docs.aspose.com/cells/net/how-to-use-aspose-cells-griddesktop/#upgrade-from-asposegriddesktop-to-asposecellsgriddesktop-control

Also, we cannot make amendments in the older Aspose.Grid.Desktop control which is obsoleted now.

Thanks for your understanding!

Hi Amjad,

Sorry, the cell focussing is working very fine. Thanks.
But, The drop downs in the cell are not opening.on click

can you please look into it?

Thanks

Hi Amjad,

Th drop downs in the cell are not opening , It was working fine in the previous version, which we have in 2.0.1.23.

Please look into it.

Thanks

Hi,

Please give us sample project to show/reproduce the issue, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 16262) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan