Aspose.Windows.Forms

I attempted to use the Aspose.WIndows.FOrms.dll in a browser application and received security violations - Internet Explorer refused to load it. Is this a basic Windows security issue or does it have something to do with the way the dll was built.

ee the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Security.SecurityException: System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission
at Aspose.Windows.Forms.FileDropTargetManager.xb594416550fe4212(Boolean x510619ea70954ab6)
at Aspose.Windows.Forms.FileDropTargetManager.EnsureRegistered(IDropTarget dropTarget)
at DragDropListDll.MyListBox.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hi,

Can you post the sample project here and tell us your Windows and IIS version. I will look into it and let you know my findings.

From the exception it seems to be IIS security issue.

The attached zip has the project. Windows XP using Apache (not IIS). I’m able to do this with 2 dll’s that I create, one calling the other. The .exe version of this (that I don’t run from a browser/web environment) works as expected. Thanks for taking a look at this, I’m sure it’s something basic with the security model.

Hi,

Can you give some more detail of your project scenario? Are you using mod asp.net for hosting asp.net pages on apache? Please post the web project too for reproducing the error.

Aspose.Windows.Forms is implemented as a windows form control and intended to use with windows applications. However, you may find http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/052604-1.aspx article helpful for hosting windows controls in asp.net.