Aspose : Word 2 PDF conversion

Hello,

My company just purchased an Aspose.Total product licence.
I have tried a doc to pdf conversion.

Here is my code.

private static void ConvertWordToPdf(string p_sSourceFullPathFileName, string p_sDestinationlFullPathFileName)
{
    var l_oWordDoc = new Aspose.Words.Document(p_sSourceFullPathFileName);
    var l_oPdfOptions = new Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfOptions
    {
        TextCompression = Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfTextCompression.None,
        IsPreserveFormFields = true, 
        JpegQuality = 100 
    };
    l_oWordDoc.SaveToPdf(0, l_oWordDoc.PageCount, p_sDestinationlFullPathFileName, l_oPdfOptions);
}

you have attached to this post
the original file: michel.doc
te result of the conversion : 20100806122144120.pdf

The pdf doesn’t look at all at the source document !!!

We would like to know if I made a mistake in the code or if the product ( ie Aspose ) is unable to convert correctly a word document to a pdf document.

Regards,
Michel Muhar

Hello

Thanks for your request. I managed to reproduce three problems with your document on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issues. You will be notified as soon as these issues are resolved.
1, 2 - The problem with element positioning inside the document occurs because you are using floating objects in your document (tables, images, textboxes). Currently, Aspose.Words does not support floating object positioning during rendering. The only way to work the problem around, I can suggest you at the moment, is refactoring your document to avoid using floating objects.
3. Also, I managed to reproduce the problem with color of pages in the output PDF. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 19075) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

We are happy to tell you that a very cool and important feature (filed as 7180) is included in the new version of Aspose.Words. Text wrapping around images and shapes when rendering Microsoft Word documents to PDF, XPS and printing is now supported. You can download the latest version from here.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(7)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1940) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

(5)