Aspose.word and asp.net

If the error is unknown file format then the file is not a Word file or it is corrupted. If you cannot sort it out, attach the file to the post and I will have a look.

Not all .DOC files are Word files. It can be Word for DOS or Word Perfect file for example which is opened in MS Word fine because it silently converts it, yet Aspose.Word will throw unknown file format to this file.

Im attaching the file. i just went into word. typed in some gibberish and saved it. thanks

Im attaching the file. i just went into word. typed in some gibberish and saved it. thanks

It appears that the file is too large to attach. i dont get it.

trying to attach the file again its only 19kb

Sorry the website is still being upgraded while we talk. If you have trouble attaching the file, email to auckland@aspose.com.

Hi Michael,

Sorry for the delay, but the file you emailed me works fine with Aspose.Word. I can open and save it fine with just new Document(fileName);

Lets take it slowly step by step. Please make sure you are using latest Aspose.Word. If you still have a problem, please specify what exactly is your code doing and what exactly is the error message.