Aspose Word and Web-Addins

Hey Aspose.

Is it possible to create your own fields and insert them in word, by using the new Addins. Not COM addins, but Web-Addins in Microsoft Word?

Edit: The new web addins in Word is in HTML/CSS and JS.

@anders12345

Aspose.Words does not provide API to insert web addins in Word documents. Could you please ZIP and attach your input and expected output documents here for our reference? We will then provide you more information about your query.

Alright, I’ve been looking up on it a tad more and here is how it goes.

In the new Web-Addin in Word it’s possible to add what we know as fields, mergefields etc. However if you wanna add those in, you do so by building an OOXML document and passing it to word, which then converts the document to a field, within the word document.

Those fields inserted by the OOXML are you able to extract them just as you do with normal fields in Aspose.Word?
Field.zip (20.9 KB)
I’ve attached a document where I made a field from word itself and the other field is made by the web-addin.

@anders12345

It seems that you want to insert mail merge field in the document and perform mail merge operation. Aspose.Words does support mail merge feature. Please read the following article.
Mail Merge and Reporting

Unfortunately, your question is not clear enough therefore we request you to please elaborate your inquiry further. Also, please supply input and expected output documents. This will help us to understand your scenario, and we will be in a better position to address your concerns accordingly.