ASPOSE Word- Detect Text Wrapping For Tables

Hi Support Team,

I need to get the Text wrapping setting value set for any table inside doc or docx document.

Also need to update Text wrapping mode of the Table to "None" programaticaly as well.

Please update with appropriate properties pertaining to ASPOSE.Word related to Table.

Please refer attached screen for further reference.

Thanks

Hi Divesh,

Thank you very much for your inquiry.

I am afraid Aspose.Words does not provide any method or property to set or get "Text Wrapping" property of a Table. We already have a new feature request (WORDSNET-5328) in our issue tracking system for this. I have linked this thread to the feature request so that you will be notified as soon as this feature is available.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Hi Muhammad Iqbal,

On one of the Thread its been mentioned that in version 11.10.0,The same is been resolved. I am mentioning the Bug IDs for your reference,

WORDSNET-5225 - Left border of RTL table is Lost.

WORDSNET-5226 - Centered floating table in RTL context is exported to HTML as left aligned

Please get in to this and let me know

Thanks

Hi Divesh,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Indeed, WORDSNET-5225 and WORDSNET-5226 are resolved in version 11.10.0 of Aspose.Words but not any of them is the same issue as WORDSNET-5328.

The feature request here (WORDSNET-5328) is about accessing "Text Wrapping" property of a Table programmatically using Table object. On the other hand, WORDSNET-5225 is a fix which enables RTL Table to retain its left border when the document is converted to HTML and WORDSNET-5226 provides a fix to a situation in which centred floating RTL table after conversion to HTML was left aligned in the output HTML document.

Please let us know if you have any more queries.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-5328) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)

@divesh_iris

MS Word allows user to wrap the text around the table using Table Properties > Text wrapping > Around option. Starting from Aspose.Words 13.6, you can use this feature using Table.TextWrapping property. You can set this property with value TextWrapping.Around to wrap the text around the table. Following code example shows how to work with table text wrapping.

Document doc = new Document();
DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder(doc);

// Insert a table and a paragraph of text after it
Table table = builder.StartTable();
builder.InsertCell();
builder.Write("Cell 1");
builder.InsertCell();
builder.Write("Cell 2");
builder.EndTable();
table.PreferredWidth = PreferredWidth.FromPoints(300);

builder.Font.Size = 16;
builder.Writeln("Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.");

// Set the table to wrap text around it and push it down into the paragraph below be setting the position
table.TextWrapping = TextWrapping.Around;
table.AbsoluteHorizontalDistance = 100;
table.AbsoluteVerticalDistance = 20;

doc.Save(ArtifactsDir + "Table.WrapText.docx");