Aspose.Word Evaluation Message(randomly) even after buying license

Hi,
We have the Aspose.word dll developer edition license. We are using it in our code to automate some word actions. Although we have bought the license sometime randomly the evaluation message appears in the Word Document. Can you please let me know how to avoid it?
Regards
Senthamil.

Hi Senthamil,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please make sure you properly applied the license by following the steps mentioned in the following link:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/sharepoint/installing-aspose-words-for-sharepoint-license/

If the problem still remains, please post your license file via mail to me. I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information. Moreover, in order to post your license file to us please follow the instructions provided in the following link:
https://forum.aspose.com/t/aspose-words-faq/2711

Best Regards,

Hi,
This problem is occurring for Aspose word for .NET. We have the developer license and we are using the .NET code to add the license as per the instruction. But more often the evaluation message appears on the word document.
Please advice.

Hi,

Thanks for the additional information. As suggested earlier, please post your license file via mail to me. I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Best Regards,

Hi,
I have sent you the license file, please help me to check the issue as soon as possible.

Hi
Senthamil,

Thanks for sending your license to me via email. I have tested your license file and didn’t find anything wrong with it. Please make sure you properly applied the license by following the steps mentioned in the following link:
https://docs.aspose.com/barcode/net/licensing/

Best Regards,

Hi,
We have implemented the same way as in the sample. The evaluation message is intermittent and not all the time. If there is a problem with the code it might get the message every time. Is there any limitation on number of concurrent user request the license file?

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.

First of all, I would like to mention a few points here:

• Make sure your call to SetLicense gets executed. Step through in the debugger.
  • Make sure your code does not catch an exception thrown by Aspose.Words licensing code. For example, Aspose.Words will throw if it cannot find the license.
  • Make sure the input documents do not already have the evaluation message. Aspose.Words does not delete existing evaluation messages.
  • Make sure SetLicense is executed before you instantiate any Document object.

Secondly, there is no need to set license for each and every document separately. In case you’re using ASP.NET web application, the license only needs to be set once per application domain. For more information, please read the following article:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/java/licensing/

Moreover, please note that when developing an ASP.NET application, you can call License.SetLicense from the Global.asax.cs (Global.asax.vb) file, in the Application_Start protected method. It is called once when the application starts. Do not call License.SetLicense from within Page_Load methods since it means the license will be loaded every time a web page is loaded.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hello Awais Hafeez,
We tried all the steps mentioned by you. The issues is intermittent and again happened after 2 weeks . I am sending you the source code for your reference. We are using this aspose dll in the custom sharepoint workflow.
Please advise.
Regards,
Senthamil

Hi Senthamil,

Thanks for the additional information. I am checking with this scenario and will get back to you soon.

Best Regards,

Hi Senthamil,

Thanks for your patience.

I see you’re calling SetLicense method from inside Page_Load event; it is not recommended because it means the license will be loaded every time a web page is loaded. My advise would be to try moving this license setting code to the Application_Start method in Global.asax.cs file. This may just solve any issues and also give a bit of a performance boost as well.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hello Awais,
We implemented as you suggested and calling the set license method now when application is started. But still we get the evaluation message after converting the word into pdf intermittently.
Our end users are getting this evaluation message intermittently. Please let us know how can we fix this issue.
Thanks & Regards,
Senthamil.

Hi Senthamil,

Thanks for the additional information. I have attached a sample WebSite that loads a license for Aspose.Words from a file in Application Start event and then determines whether the component is licensed or not. The code is written in Global.asax and Default.aspx.cs files. I hope, this helps.

Best regards,