Aspose Word incorrectly converts floating point values

Hi,

I am converting a TEXT document to PDF using Aspose Word. This text document contains a floating point number 2.91 in it. But the converted PDF document is showing different number 4.91 for the same. I am attaching both TEXT document and PDF document for reference.

Hi Kalpesh,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-10612. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

This issue is impacting us in some more places while highlighting
concept. Attached is the document ‘original8_tika_14_incompatible.rtf’
when it is getting conveted to text document Aspose is modifying the
header ‘Page 1 of 5’ to ‘Page 1 of 1’.

Hi Kalpesh,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have verified the status of your issue from our issue tracking system and like to share with
you that your issue has been resolved and will be available in next
release of Aspose.Words i.e. 14.9.0. Hopefully, the Aspose.Words
(v14.9.0) will be available at the end of this month. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as September 2014 release is published. Thanks for your patience.

Regarding page number issue, It is hard to meaningfully output headers and footers to plain text because it is not paginated. When this property is true, Aspose.Words exports only primary headers and footers at the beginning and end of each section. You can disable export of headers and footers altogether by setting TxtSaveOptions.ExportHeadersFooters property to false.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-10612) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)

Hi there,

I have tested the scenario using latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 14.9.0 and have not found the shared issue. Please make sure that you are using Aspose.Words for Java 14.9.0. I have attached the output Pdf file with this post for your kind reference.

Hi Tahir:

We had two occurrences of this issue. While it appears fixed in the document you attached, we were able to reproduce this issue on another document. I am attaching that document again for your reference.

Please investigate and let me know what you find.
-Raj

Hi Raj,

Thanks for sharing the detail. Please follow this thread for further proceedings. Thanks for your cooperation.

Hi Tahir,

Can you please let us know when the fix for this defect is going to get delivered ?
As for the reminder this issue is being tracked under priority support.

Hi Kalpesh,

Thanks for your inquiry. Regarding WORDSNET-11051, we have asked the ETA of this issue from our development team and will update you as soon as any estimates are available.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

What is the status of this defect ? Can we get an ETA for fix of this issue ?

Hi Kalpesh,

Thanks
for your inquiry. I have verified the status of WORDSNET-11051 from our
issue tracking system and like to share with you that this
issue has been planned for development. Hopefully, the fix of this issue
will
be available in December 2014 release. Please note that this
estimate is not final at the moment; I will be sure to inform you via
this forum thread as soon as your issue is resolved.

Thanks for your patience.

Hi Tahir,

This issue is impacting us in some more places. Attached is the document ‘original8_tika_14_incompatible.rtf’ when it is getting converted to text document Aspose is modifying the header ‘Page 1 of 5’ to ‘Page 1 of 1’.

Hi Kalpesh,

Thanks for your inquiry. It is hard to
meaningfully output headers and footers to plain text because it is not
paginated. Aspose.Words exports only primary headers and footers
at the beginning and end of each section. You can disable export of
headers and footers altogether by setting TxtSaveOptions.ExportHeadersFooters property to false.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-11051) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)

Hi Kalpesh,

Regarding WORDSNET-11051, we have added new property ‘AllowTrailingWhitespaceForListItems’ to ‘LoadOptions’ class which you can use as follows to specify how numbered list items are recognized when document is imported from plain text format. The default value is true.
LoadOptions loadOptions = new LoadOptions();
loadOptions.setLoadFormat(LoadFormat.TEXT);
loadOptions.setAllowTrailingWhitespaceForListItems(false);
Document doc = new Document(getMyDir() + “in.txt”, loadOptions);
doc.save(getMyDir() + “out.pdf”);
I hope, this helps.

Best regards,