Aspose.Word to Aspose.PDF conversion

Dear Rich,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

I have studied this issue and found it is difficult and need much time. So I have to support it later. I hopes to add support for this at late April. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Tommy,

Late April will be ok for the floating text box functionality.

In addition, I have run the same test with a much more complicated template. Aspose.Word supports this template fine, but Aspose.PDF throws an error stating ‘The Footer is too large’. and no output is produced.

Too be fair the footer does contain alot of information, but we need all this information in the footer as it contains the bill summary and Remittance Advice for what potentially could be a multi page statement.

It have attached the template for you perusal.

Thanks,
Rich.

Dear Rich,

I have checked the document and found that you have used floating text box in the header which is not properly supported in Aspose.Pdf. We have to consider adding support for this in the next release. Is it possible for you to avoid using floating box in the current time?

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for your input.
We can hold off going live with PDF conversion, until floating text boxes are supported at the end of April.

Thanks alot,
Rich.

Hi Tommy,

How is the support of floating text boxes on Aspose.PDF coming along?
Do you have an idea of when this functionality will be ready?

Rhanks,
Rich.

Dear Rich,

Sorry this task has been delayed. We have spent too much time on the former tasks and there are too many urgent customer supporting tasks recently. We have planed to support floating text box in Release 2.3 which will be published late this month or early next month. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Tommy,

How is the support of floating text boxes in Aspose.PDF coming along?
Do you have an idea yet of when release 2.3 is due?

Thanks,
Rich.

Dear Rich,

In fact, I have planed to implement this function. But we I begin to wirte the code, I found the floating text box can be easyly substituted by a table with one cell. I have told this idea to Roman, the lead developer of Aspose.Word. He is now consider this idea.

Hi Tommy,

I was just wondering if you have had any reply from Roman regarding substituting the floating text box with a table with single cell.

Thanks alot,
Rich.

Hi Rich,

We have this on our task list, sorry cannot be very specific when we get to do it, hope in the next 1-2 months.