Aspose Word to PDF conversion formatting issues

Hi

When converting Word to PDF using Aspose word I’m getting an inconsistent output around tables. I recently updated to 11.9 that fixed a bug where the tables would continue off the page but now I’m getting issues where the table layout and format are not the same causing the pages to be out of alignment.

I have attached the word and pdf versions that shows on page 88 of both documents the table format is different, the pdf table is not using all the space, this causes the table to spread across more pages than the original word document making it difficult for users that have the 2 different file formats open.

Can you please help?

Thanks

Craig

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested the scenario and have not found the table formatting issue with output PDF file. It would be great if you please share information about your working environment like Operating system, .NET framework etc. It seems that you are using PdfSaveOptions in your code. Please share your code here for investigation purposes. I have attached the output PDF file with this post for your kind reference.

Hi Tahir

We are running on Windows 2008 R2 on the .Net 4.0 framework.

Here is the code we use to convert to PDF.

doc.Save(Path.Combine(OutputFolder, objectBase.ExpectedFileName(PublishOutputMapping.FindPdfDocExtension())),

new PdfSaveOptions { SaveFormat = SaveFormat.Pdf, UseAntiAliasing = false, EmbedFullFonts = false, HeadingsOutlineLevels = 3, EmbedStandardWindowsFonts = false });

Thanks

Craig

Hi Craig,

Thanks for sharing the details. Perhaps, you’re using an older version of Aspose.Words; as with Aspose.Words v11.9.0, I am unable to reproduce this problem on my side. I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. v11.9.0 and let us know how it goes on your side. I hope, this will help.

Hi Tahir

I’m using the latest version (11.9.0).

What we have found is that when we convert to PDF when the word file is on a local drive it converts fine however once the word file is on a NAS that’s when we get this issue.

Could this be a permission issue to the .dot file?

Thanks

Craig

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have converted the Docx to PDF file over network and have not found the any issue with output PDF file. It would be great if you please share some more information about your scenario. Can you please explain what do you mean by “file is on a NAS”? do you mean Network-attached storage?

Hi Tahir

I just realized that I was testing with the file I uploaded which is a docx file that converted from a docm as it wasn’t allowed to be uploaded. The NAS had the copy of the docm and my local copy was the docx.

Here is the link to the docm file. I’ve tried to convert that to PDF and get the issue in the attached PDF.

http://training.gov.au/TrainingComponentFiles/PSP12/PSP12_Header_R1.0.docm

Thanks

Craig

Hi Craig,

Thanks for sharing the details. I have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. I have logged this issue as WORDSNET-7379 in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks you very much Tahir.

Do you have a time frame for when this fix will be available?

Thanks

Craig

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your inquiry. Currently, this issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. I am afraid, I cannot provide you any reliable estimate at the moment. Once your issue is analyzed, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

Hi Craig,

Further to my last post, the issue you are facing is related to missing feature WORDSNET-832 (Table width calculation). I have linked this thread to the same feature (WORDSNET-832) and you will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available.

Regarding the issue WORDSNET-7379, most probably the improvements will be appeared in next version of Aspose.Words (i.e. v11.10.0) which is planned to be released next week.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7379) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 22.2 update also available on NuGet.