Aspose Words 10.0 realy identical in Java and .NET?

Hi
I read that you have finally released the long awaited auto-ported java version of Aspose Words .NET.

I am woundering if the two versions are really identical?

If I read the release notes for 10.0.0 Java edition I can read about limitations and known issues.
And there is this link to an other list: Aspose.Total for Java|Documentation

If I look at the release notes for 10.0 .NET editon I can’t see any listing of these known issues and limitations.

So the both versions are not identical, right?
Or are all these issues fixed in the 10.0.1 version of Words for Java?

Best regards
Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Yes, the .NET and Java versions of Aspose.Words are identical in the fact that they come from the same code base. The code from .NET is automatically ported to Java in a matter of seconds.

Almost all functionality avaliable in .NET is currently matched in Java, there are a few limitations right now as detailed on the linked page. These are only temporary limitations as we need more time to make image and graphics autoportable to Java.

Some of these issues will be addressed in the next release of Aspose.Words for Java. All issues should be fixed within the respected timeline on the Known Issues page.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Hi

Version 10.2 is out.
Are there still the same limitations like in: Aspose.Total for Java|Documentation ?

Is this list up to date?

Best regards
Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Yes this list is kept up to date. We are currently working on all issues in this list. Which limitations are you interested in? Please note that Printing/Rendering to images should be ready within 3-4 months time. Also note that this is just an estimate and cannot be fully relied upon.

Thanks,