Hi, The version it worked on was 13.5
- Convert 'AsposePrintPictureProblem.docx' to '13.5.0.docx' using Aspose.Words 13.5.0
- Open '13.5.0.docx' with MS Word 2007
- There is an image inside '13.5.0.docx'
- Copy it an paste it at the end of document
- Save it as DOCX using MSW 2007
- Reopen this new DOCX (see 13.5.0-resaved-by-msw2007.docx)
- Print to 'Microsoft XPS Document Writer' (see printed-by-msw2007-13.5.0.xps)
- There is only one image printed. One image is visible in MSW 2007 but again is lost in printed file.
I think the reason you can’t reproduce is that you are using the document I supplied. That document has the image in it inserted with 15.2 so it won’t print the image - this is the bug.
To reproduce the issue (or not with 13.5), you need to take a clean new word document, use Aspose Words 13.5 to insert the image and save the file, then open it in word and print it. The image will print out.
The file I attached was created with 15.2 and demonstrates the bug.
I think the issue only presents if the word document starts as an office 2003 document, the image is inserted and then the document is saved as an Office 2007 document with compatability mode checked. I’ve attached a document from 2003 for you to test with.
It seems that when the document is a word 2003 document, the Aspose code inserts a shape object rather than a drawingML object - the latter prints, the former doesn’t.
If you save as DocX without the compatibility checkbox the picture then prints.