Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose.Words 4.x problems on 64bit Win2003 server after .NET 2 SP1 deployed

We have a web app running on Windows 2003 Server 64-bit version with .NET 2.0. It uses Aspose.Words to produce consolidated Word documents (using a blank.doc template) via three main tasks (which can be performed independently):

- creating a new Word documents from SQL Server data
- opening a user-uploaded Word document
- combining the SQL server data and uploaded Word docs into one file

Immediately after deploying the .NET 2.0 Service Pack 1 in late December, we have hit problems. The code using Aspose.Words that previously worked correctly, now throws errors with both the older version (the one we began using last summer) and the latest which we installed and tested prior to this post.

Errors with Aspose.Words version 4.2.6.0 on Windows 2003 Server 64-bit (.NET 2.0 SP1)

"Exception message: The document appears to be corrupted and cannot be loaded. "

However, the Word document is not corrupt and can be manually opened in Word via share to server folder where it resides

Errors with latest version 4.4.3.0 on Windows 2003 Server 64-bit (.NET 2.0 SP1)

Following basic Aspose pre-support post advice, we upgraded to latest 4.4.3.0 using our dev server as a control. Dev server is also Windows 2003 64-bit with .NET 2.0 SP1 installed. This time, we get different errors for the same kinds of functions

"Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."

Attached are event log errors for the different versions, plus sample documents and our code page (suffixed .aspx.vb).

A similar-sounding problem with Aspose.Words 4.4.3.0 was posted in Post ID 107476 but I can't see any resolution on that thread yet.

It is definitely a 64-bit problem triggered for us by the application of the .NET 2.0 Service Pack 1 in December. Immediately that was installed, we began to get these Aspose.Words errors. Our developers can't reproduce these errors on Windows 2003 server 32-bit with .NET 2.0 SP1.

A prompt response would be most welcomed. Thanks in advance for your help.

Jonathan Eaton

Hi

Thanks fro your request. We will investigate this problem and provide you more information soon.

Best regards.

Hi,

If I send you a test build of Aspose.Words, will you be able to try it on your 64bit Windows Server 2003 to make sure there is no Attempted to read or write protected memory problem. Will you be able to do it today?

We have released a new version of Aspose.Words that contains a fix for this issue.

The new version of Aspose.Words is available for download from here.

Best regards.

Hi Alexey,

Sorry for the delayed reply. We have now successfully tested and deployed Aspose.Words v5.0.0.0 and it has completely fixed the problems I reported in my initial post. Thanks to you and team for your prompt work and updates.

Regards

Jonathan Eaton