Aspose Words 8 breaks XPS Printing

Hi,

We are using the XPS printing code that you kindly supplied here

However, we just upgraded from version 6.6 to version 8.0, and now it won’t work. We get a Win32Exception, with message “Not enough storage space is available to complete this operation” in the CheckJobStatus method.

The machine is running Windows Server DataCentre 2007, SP2.

John

Hi

Thanks for your request. Does the problem occur for all your documents or only for some of them? Could you please attach sample documents, which will allow me to reproduce the problem on my side? I will check the issue and provide you more information.

Best regards.

Sure. Here is a document that reproduces the problem.

With aspose 8, it fails, with 6.6 it works.

By the way, the document actually comes from Aspose, in a demo/test app that I received or downloaded a few months ago, when your colleagues were helping me with another printing issue.

I have reproduced the problem on Windows Server DataCenter (SP2) and Vista SP2 - both 64-bit.

John

(PS. If you need a project that reproduces the problem, in addition to just the document, then email me and I’ll email it back to you).

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I will install Win 2008 on virtual PC and let you know how it goes on my side.

Best regards.

Hi

I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. The problem has been logged in our defect database. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

Best regards.

Any update on when this might be fixed?

John

Hello

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, the problem is still unresolved. And currently I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding this issue. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed.

Best regards,

Andrey,

Was anything done about this problem in releases 8.1 or 8.2?

John

Hello John,

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, the issue is still unresolved. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed. Thanks for your patience.

Best regards,

I am getting same error with v9. Modified your sample program to create a file stream instead of a memory stream. When I open the created XPS file in the XPS Viewer, the document is rendered but when I try to print I get an “XPS View Cannot Print all pages” error. Files printed from WORD to the XPS Printer work fine. This is on Windows 7

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your request. Could you please attach your document here and provide me sample code, which will allow me to reproduce the problem on my side?

Best regards,

Note: Just tried v9.1 of Aspose.Words and get same results. Please note that XPS files created by Aspose.Words do not appear to be printable.

See attached files. One is the Word document, the other is the XPS file created by Aspose.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I just fixed the problem. The fix will be included into the next hotfix, which comes out in 3-4 weeks. We will notify you.

Best regards.

Alexey,

Will that fix the original version of the problem, which I reported last year, or just the new variant of the problem which was reported last week?

John

Hi John,

Thanks for your request. The fix will resolve both problems – with printing using XPS API and printing from XPS viewer.

Best regards.

Great. Thanks.
John

Hi

We just downloaded (today) the latest 9.1.0.0 version of Aspose.Words .NET and the latest sample code for the XpsPrintHelper and are still getting the ‘Not enough storage is available to complete this operation’ on a Windows 7 machine. This occurs for both network and local printers.

Has this hot fix been released yet?

Hi there,

This issue has been fixed in our current code base, it will be included in the next version which is due to be released in the next week or two.

Thank you for your patience.

Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 12649) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(28)