We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose.Words and Aspose.Pdf.Kit product integration

Hi,

My company owns an OEM license for Aspose.Words and now has a need to convert documents to PDF/A. Is Aspose.Pdf.Kit required to do this, or can Aspose.Words produce PDF/A compliant documents? Also, if Aspose.Pdf.Kit is required, can I pass one document object (inside of code) back and forth between Words and Pdf.Kit?

Thanks,

Mary

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hi Mary,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Aspose.Words can render documents with compliance to the PDF/A-1b and PDF 1.5 standard. Will this PDF/A-1b standard satify what you are looking for? You can achieve this by using the code below.

Document doc = new Document("Document.doc");<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

PdfSaveOptions pdfOptions = new PdfSaveOptions();

pdfOptions.Compliance = PdfCompliance.PdfA1b;

doc.Save("Rendered Document.pdf", pdfOptions);

Also any PDF generated using Aspose.Words can be passed to Aspose.Pdf.Kit for further editing.

Thanks,

Hi Mary,

As Adam has already shared, you can convert a Word document to PDF/A-1b compliant PDF document using Aspose.Words. However, if you want to convert an existing PDF document to PDF/A compliant document then I’m sorry to inform you that this is currently not supported using Aspose.Pdf.Kit. However, we have already logged a new feature request as PDFKITNET-10208 in our issue tracking system. You’ll be updated via this forum thread once it is supported in future.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,