Thanks for your patience. This is not a bug. This is kind of limitation of SkiaSharp that is used by Aspose.Words .NET Standard version. SkiaSharp NuGet package does not contain native skia library for Linux, so it is required to add it manually.
- Create ne .NET Core Console Application
- Please install Aspose.Words for .NET through NuGet.
- Aspose.Words for .NET Standard uses SkiaSharp, which does not have native Skia library for Linux in its NuGet package yet. However, it is not a problem, because this native library is published with every SkiaSharp release on Github. Please note that Aspose.Words uses SkiaSharp 1.60.1, so download libHarfBuzzSharp.so file for this version. Once you download it, add it in your project and set “Copy to output directory”.
- Write code that uses Aspose.Words.
- Than open cmd line in folder where project file is and run this command:
- dotnet publish -r ubuntu.16.04-x64
dotnet publish -r ubuntu.16.04-x64
- Copy output ubuntu build folder to Ubuntu
- Installing .NET Core 2.0 on Ubuntu (
- Open Ubuntu machine terminal (CLI) and Go to the project directory
- Provide execute permissions:
chmod 777 ./appname
- Execute application