Aspose.Words.C++ & Mac

I’m looking at the Aspose.Words for C++ website and currently it says:
Aspose.Words for C++ fully supports C++ applications developed on Windows platform.

I’m wondering whether there’s something stopping it from working on the mac platform? I’m sort of counting on Aspose.C++ to get us mac & windows at the very least.

@tkbtadmin,

We will test Aspose.Words for C++ API over Mac OS and share our findings here with you soon.

@tkbtadmin,

Unfortunately, you can currently not work with Aspose.Words for C++ API over macOS.

We are going to add support for Linux platforms most likely during Q1 2019. After that, we can try to add support for MacOS (most likely during Q2 2019).

But, can you please tell us about your target version of XCode? For example -

We have no strict minimum requirement for the version, so the latest version is fine.

Perhaps you could look into making it available as a conan package. Conan is a C++ package manager: https://conan.io/

@tkbtadmin

We have logged these details in our issue tracking system. Your ticket number is WORDSCPP-735. We will keep you posted on any further updates and let you know via this thread when we add support for MacOS.

Hey, I was wondering if this had moved anywhere. I can’t check WORDSCPP-735’s status. Are we still Q2 in 2019 for a mac version? Any way I can convince you to do the mac version above the linux version?

@tkbtadmin,

Unfortunately, there is no direct way that you can use to track issues by yourself. But, you are welcome to ask your issue status via forum threads. We will verify the status from our internal issue tracking system and reply you back.

This issue WORDSCPP-735 has a normal priority in our issue tracking system. But, we are currently developing the solution of this issue and it should be resolved during Q2~Q3 of 2019. We will inform you via this thread when we will add support for MacOS in future. We apologize for any inconvenience.