Aspose.Words Converting .Docx to HTML then HTML to .Docx Track Changes Author details are lost

I am using the below code for importing and exporting word document to html and html back to word document.

I am facing the following issues:
a) The author details for all inserts and deletes become unknown (check OverviewafterExport.docx attachment).
b) The comments are exported to docx but the footnote position is changed (please compare document overview.docx and OverviewAfterExport.docx for comments and footnote.)

1. Import word document to html code
Aspose.Words.Document doc = new Aspose.Words.Document(fUpload.PostedFile.InputStream);

MemoryStream dstStream = new MemoryStream();
doc.Save(dstStream, SaveFormat.Html);
dstStream.Position = 0;

var sr = new StreamReader(dstStream);
var myStr = sr.ReadToEnd();
  1. Pass the html generated back to aspose to convert to word document
Document doc = new Document();

Aspose.Words.DocumentBuilder builder = new Aspose.Words.DocumentBuilder(doc);
builder.InsertHtml(myStr);

// Send the document in Word format to the client browser with an option to save to disk.
OoxmlSaveOptions oso = new OoxmlSaveOptions();

oso.SaveFormat = SaveFormat.Docx;

doc.Save(Response, "exportusingaspose.docx", ContentDisposition.Attachment, oso);
Response.End();

Thanks,
Suraj

Hi Suraj,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issues at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged these issues in our issue tracking system as follow:

WORDSNET-10109 : Docx-HTML-Docx : Author details for all inserts and deletes revision become unknown
WORDSNET-10110 : Docx-HTML-Docx : CommentRangeStart and CommentRangeEnd position are changed

I have linked this forum thread to the same issues and you will be notified via this forum thread once these issue are resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-10110) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-10109) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.