ASPOSE.WORDS crashes when opening NXPowerLite optimised Word document

The unoptimised Word document opens without problems. Also the Aspose Document Explorer can open and process it. But after using NXPowerLite to compress the document, the Aspose Document Explorer throws a System.IO.EndOfStreamException exception “Unable to read beyond end of stream”.

Hi
Thanks for your request. Please attach your files to reproduce this problem. I will investigate this and try to help you.
Best regards.

I created a test Word document. I use AsposeDocumentExplorer to test the documents. Opening the test document works fine. I optimise the test document with NXPowerLite (version 3.0.5), with the following options:
- Compress JPEG, quality level 6
- Resize images to 800 X 600
Then I try to open it in AsposeDocumentExplorer. Now I get the error ‘Document corrupt’. I attach both the test document and the NXPLite optimised test document (contains NXPowerLite in the file name).
It looks like the error only occurs when a Word document contains images.
Thanks for your help.

Appearently only one attachment at a time is allowed, so here is the NXPLite optimised attachment.

Hi
Thanks for your request… I have logged this problem to our defect base as issue # 3853. Please expect a reply before the next hotfix (within 2-3 weeks). We might just fix it by then or provide more information.
For now you can use the unoptimized document.
Best regards.

We have released a new version of Aspose.Words that contains a fix for your issue.

The new version of Aspose.Words is available for download from here.
Best regards.

This new version does not have the problem. I now realise I used a rather old version of Aspose.Words. Anyway, thanks for sorting it out.
Best reagrds.