Enable Disable Spell Check using C# VB.NET | Find Replace Text in Word Document | MS Word

Hello, Can you please advise if this issue (WORDSNET-13875) has or will be fixed?

@t1dmm,

WORDSNET-13875 is not resolved yet and there is no time frame available at the moment. But, can you please ZIP and upload your input Word document and Aspose.Words generated Word file showing the undesired behavior along with piece of source code here for testing? We will then investigate your particular issue on our end and provide you more information.

The output file contains “rprt” which should show as a mispelt word in the generated output file but doesn’t. If I manually enter the same letters, the word is picked up by the spell check.

Sample code is:

Dim loTemplate As Document
    loTemplate = New Document("c:\temp\template.docx")
    Dim loOptions As New Aspose.Words.Replacing.FindReplaceOptions
    loTemplate.Range.Replace("abc", "rprt", loOptions)
    loTemplate.Save("c:\temp\test.docx")

template.zip (9.0 KB)

@t1dmm,

After an initial test with the licensed latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 19.8, we were unable to reproduce this issue on our end. Please see the output DOCX file that we generated on our end: 19.8.zip (8.5 KB)

hi,

When I open the document that you generated using 19.8, the file doesn’t show the spelling error for me.
See attachment. I am using office 365.Capture.zip (24.0 KB)

@t1dmm,

It looks like, MS Word 2019/365 will do the spell check when you start editing this document. Please try entering a space character before ‘rpt’. Please check the following video:
untitled.zip (347.7 KB)

Hi, Sorry for taking some time to get back to this. I have now re-visited your response.
You are suggesting that I have to start editing my document for the spell check error to display.
However what I have found is that if I manually create a word document with a spelling mistake ie. “reprt” and save and re-open, the spell check error is displayed immediately without me having to edit the document. A document generated via aspose containing the same text “reprt” does not immediately provide me with a spell check error and I then have to edit the document. This seems to be inconsistent behaviour. I would expect a spell check error to occur immediately.
Can you please confirm?
Thanks

@t1dmm,

We are working on your query and will get back to you soon.

@t1dmm,

Thanks for being patient. We tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-20515. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 20.12 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 20.12 update.