Aspose.Words dll version 8.0.0 problems with Word 2010 document conversion

Hi,

Currently we are using Aspose.Words.dll in order to convert word documents to html. This was something we implemented back in 2009 but haven’t used a lot since then.

Recently I tried to run a conversion using this dll, version 8.0.0.0, with a Word 2010 document. And while the conversion and view of the resultant web page looks fine, if I view source and look at the html I can see a lot of unessessary tags. For example if I have a word document that has a sentence which is bolded, and then convert to html, the html shows open & close bold tags for every word within the bolded sentence (including spaces!).

ie instead of:

Bolded sentence here.

it converts to:

Bolded sentence here.

This is unexceptable for our requirements.

Is there a setting or something I can do within my code (.net c#) in order to resolve this? Or is it just a simple case of having to get an updated dll version. If I can find a way around this without having to upgrade to a newer version than that would be preferable.

If anyone has any advice or suggestions on this matter I would be very appreciative.

Regards,

Rodney.

Hi Rodney,

Thanks for your inquiry. In your case, I suggest you please use Document.JoinRunsWithSameFormatting method. This method joins runs with same formatting in all paragraphs of the document. Hope this helps you. Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + "in.docx");
doc.JoinRunsWithSameFormatting();
doc.Save(MyDir + "Out.html");

Hi Tahir,

Your recommendation works perfectly.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Rodney.

Hi Rodney,

Thanks for your feedback. Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.