Avoid System.NullReferenceException during Word DOCX Document to PDF File Conversion using C# .NET

For certain documents, ASPOSE.Words .NET (latest version) is throwing this exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
When I simply call the Save with Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Pdf
var TempDocument = new Aspose.Words.Document(pWordPath);
TempDocument.Save(pPDFPath, Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Pdf);
Most Word docs save perfectly. It is just some that throw this exception.

How can I attach a sample DOCX document that can show the error?

@jay_bp,

Have you also tried the latest (20.7) version of Aspose.Words for .NET on your end? In case the problem still remains, please ZIP and upload your input DOCX Word document here for testing. We will then investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

P.S. You can also upload the ZIP file to Dropbox and share the Download link here for testing.

Yes, I have tried multiple versions of Aspose.Words, including current and older. Here is a link to a document that reproduces the problem:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9b9ru47zcf3yd2j/test.zip?dl=0
Thanks!!

@jay_bp,

We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system with ID WORDSNET-20825. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Any updates to this issue?

thx!

@jay_bp,

We have completed the analysis of this issue (WORDSNET-20825) but I am afraid, the implementation of the fix of this issue has been postponed till a later date. There are no estimates available at the moment. We will inform you here as soon as this issue will get resolved in future.

If I were to upgrade to the premium support, would that help improve the time of resolution?

thx!

@jay_bp,

We are in coordination with team to get answer pertaining to your query. Soon, you will be updated with the required information.

@jay_bp,

I am afraid, raising the priority of this issue (WORDSNET-20825) to Enterprise or Priority Support level will not help to implement the fix of this issue faster.

We will keep you posted on any further updates and let you know when this will get resolved in future. We apologize for your inconvenience.

@jay_bp,

It is to inform you that we have planned to integrate the fix of this issue (WORDSNET-20825) in Aspose.Words 20.10 - Oct 2020 release. If everything goes by plan, then we are very hopeful to include the fix of this issue in Aspose.Words 20.10 release which will be published at the start of October 2020. But, please note that this estimate is not final at the moment. We will notify you here as soon as this issue will get resolved in future.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-20825) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 20.10 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 20.10 update.

A post was split to a new topic: Convert Word DOCX with Sunburst Chart to PDF using C# .NET | Avoid Unexpected Chart Type Exception